PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon

mikem132 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stock VZ MR2 aGPS only w/ Google

OK, I'd had enough issues with cooked ROMS, so I reverted to VZ to get phone working better (it does, for whatever reason). I liked my unlocked GPS and managed, via Valhalla and that Telus Serf cab to get aGPS working on the phone. Locks are nearly instant. HOWEVER, only Google Maps (newest version) works correctly with the GPS signal. Both Tom Tom (Nav 6) and Windows Live Search can "see" the GPS signal, but they both won't lock on the map. Tom Tom gives sat readings in setup, but also errors saying "no usable GPS signal". Windows Live Search map jumps all over the place and will not lock, althoug it is clear it is "seeing" something. I have the basic settings I have always used in WinMo GPS; Hardware-none, software-comm 4, windows auto manage GPS. I have the GPS "primed" and started each time using that BAF toggle (great, by the way). I'm lost here. Some setting Tom Tom and Windows Live is looking for and are not getting, although they clearly are getting GPS data.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:23 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Stock VZ MR2 aGPS only w/ Google

Both should work no prob if google maps works. I don't use either program so I can't suggest much but check the gps settings in each program.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:02 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mikem132 is a n00b

it's nothing that obvious, sadly. Comm 4, 4800baud as set up in settings on the phone. There is apparently something deeper that is messed up. As I said, it is apparent that both programs can see the GPS signal coming in. In fact, Tom Tom shows satellite status, etc.. Just when it comes to interpret that signal to generate the map location, they both go bonkers. Google seems to interpret it fine and locks right on the map. This is really weird.
Also, nothing with hardware. THis worked fine before I went back to the VZ Rom. I have to wonder whether the VZ thing has some registry block in there for certain mapping software that maybe Google (being the newest program, since I just updated it to the "latitude" one) has a workaround?
Not the end of the world, as I have a bluetooth GPS, but would always like to have the internal one fully functional.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try to let the gps prime be a lock and then start the program. If that doesn't work maybe a reinstall or hard reset.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mikem132 is a n00b

well, I figured out MS Live Search. You don't set it to Comm 4, you set it to "Windows Intermediate Driver". Tom Tom still fubar, though. No such option in Tom TOm.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan