PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 01:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: Sprint

papatuzz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy New roaming software update

After upgrading to 6.1 I had to download a .cab file to get my roaming only option back. I drive a truck and many times I need this option due to the lack of coverage from Sprint in some of the areas I need to travel. Recently I happened to look at my phone and noticed a file was being downloaded to my Mogul. It said something about new software being installed so that I have the most up to date version of Sprints roaming software. (Something like that) I still have the roaming only option and the .cab file is still on the phone, but roaming only will only work when I'm at home. If I set it to roaming only anywhere else I cannot make phone calls...it'll say 'dialing' and immediately lose the call. If I send a text it'll save it until I'm back in my area or I switch back to Sprint or automatic. Sometimes I'm in the middle of nowhere and there is a Sprint signal with NO bars so it will not automatically roam and this is when I really need the roam only phone call. Has anybody else experienced this just recently and if so, have you found a way around this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan