PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 04:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

DrZip is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Reverted back to MR2 rom from custom kitchen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshkeller77 View Post
I don't like MR2 or MR1, custom Roms are the way to go. If you liked it before you should try it again. Only flash MR1/2 if you are returning the phone for insurance reasons. If you need a refresher, read the wiki from here.

1. Put the preGPS stock VZW ROM on your phone (use nueRelocker and 2.09 Rom), read these instructions here.

2. Install NueSPL 2.47 and then install newest Titan radio here and then install DCD 3.2.6. using these instructions here.

3. You need to hack phone to run Telus aGPS settings from this post here.

It is better if you get your phone on a solid custom rom before upgrading to beta or less stable roms because you may have problems with getting stuck in one of the screens before the OS loads.

**Note** Upgrading your radio to the most recent 3.42.50 (as of June 30th 2009) will cause your OS to not load. So, load up the DCD rom (currently 4.1.2) first, or.. upgrade the radio first, and then load the tri-colored screen with your usb hooked up (usb plugged in, then push Power + Camera + Reset), from there you can begin the Rom installer. Also, don't forget to install your carrier cab for DCD's Roms or your internet won't work. Good luck all!

~DrZip
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZip View Post
**Note** Upgrading your radio to the most recent 3.42.50 (as of June 30th 2009) will cause your OS to not load. So, load up the DCD rom (currently 4.1.2) first, or.. upgrade the radio first, and then load the tri-colored screen with your usb hooked up (usb plugged in, then push Power + Camera + Reset), from there you can begin the Rom installer. Also, don't forget to install your carrier cab for DCD's Roms or your internet won't work. Good luck all!

~DrZip
Why do you think flashing 3.42.50 causes the rom to not load?
Old 10-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Lurker

onecallednick is a n00b

I can not for the life of me get this process to work. I've got an XV6800 with the MR2 ROM, I can verify with PWR-Camera-reset that I have the relocker properly installed, but neither using a fat32 2 gb sd card with the 2.09 ROM renamed as TITAIMG.nbh or using the RUU with the USB Cable has allowed me to flash the older rom in. With the SD card I never get past the tri color screen and with the USB cable i get an error 1% into the flashing sequence. I'm really stuck at this part. Could someone shed some light on this problem? Is the downgrading step absolutely neccessary to have GPS work? I want a good build with lots of free memory and GPS for google maps.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

What is your bootloader version? It should be 1.0xx. Yes a downgrade is necessary for gps on custom roms
Old 10-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Lurker

onecallednick is a n00b

the tricolor screen reads:
TITA100
SPL-2.07.0000
CPLD-9

Which I thought was right, i'm following this manual and it says that's correct. But i've tried it six ways from sunday and still no go so i'm open to suggestions
Old 10-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Mr. Chevy

That bootloader is for wm6.1 roms. You are trying to install a 6.0 rom which requires a 1.XX bootloader. Here is what you do.
install MR1 or MR2. After bootling in windows follow the following link for going back to stock. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21161
Old 10-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Lurker

onecallednick is a n00b

o my god its finally working. Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan