PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

agbiggs is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What's up with the mogul keyboard?

I just got a mogul to replace a faulty apache, and while I like it overall the keyboard is pretty much unusable. When I hit the keys either nothing happens or I get multiple letters, so much so that I've started using the on-screen keyboard instead. Are there any fixes to this to adjust the keyboard sensitivity, is this an issue with all moguls or just particular to mine? Any help appreciated!
Old 02-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Re: What's up with the mogul keyboard?

I have two of them and they've both been replaced twice and every single one of them had issues with the keyboard. Not to mention numerous other issues they are known to have. Welcome to the wonderful world of the Titan/Mogul
Old 02-11-2009, 02:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I had the same issue on my Mogul. You should have them swap it out. Who knows, you may end up with a Pro out of the deal.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

That is a defect and you should get Sprint to swap out a new phone. When I first got my Mogul it was perfect, but after a little while, white spots started forming on the bottom left of the screen and the keyboard started to malfunction. It would double type letters or not register the letter unless I pressed REALLY hard. Sprint swapped it out with a brand new Mogul. I'd imagine that the one you received is a refurb which would explain why it's already crapped out. Unfortunately since Moguls are no longer produced the chance of you getting a brand new in the box mogul is slim to none. I would hope for a Touch Pro.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:56 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8
Carrier: Verizon

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

i have seen a cab fix for this type of problem, you may want to keep searching
Old 02-11-2009, 03:57 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

I NEVER use my Mogul keyboard. I find it useless and it has a sick feeling from that coated material. I LOVED the Apache keyboard. That's why when I move on to a Touch I will not mind not having a keyboard...

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
I NEVER use my Mogul keyboard. I find it useless and it has a sick feeling from that coated material. I LOVED the Apache keyboard. That's why when I move on to a Touch I will not mind not having a keyboard...
Not trying to hijack the thread or anything, but I have the same thing going on with my Pro vs my Mogul. I hate the Pro keyboard, but loved the Mogul one. I've only used it a couple of times. If it weren't for the sd slot, I would have switched to a diamond by now.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsandkm View Post
i have seen a cab fix for this type of problem, you may want to keep searching
I installed this cab, which did fix the double typing issue, but instead of having the letters double type, sometimes it doesn't register the letter at all. I'd have to type really hard to try and get the Mogul to register the keys. Needless to say this proved extremely annoying and I had to get it swapped out.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint SERO-Premium

ETphoneHOME is becoming a great contributor

I've noticed a difference in keyboard response in different ROMs. Try flashing to a different ROM.

On Mogul.^^^

On Touch Pro.^^^ = (
Old 02-12-2009, 04:33 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
Not trying to hijack the thread or anything, but I have the same thing going on with my Pro vs my Mogul. I hate the Pro keyboard, but loved the Mogul one. I've only used it a couple of times. If it weren't for the sd slot, I would have switched to a diamond by now.
I haven't tried the Sprint Touch Pro but the Verizon keyboard is even worse than the Mogul.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan