PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 07:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Touch Pro? Nah. I'll stick with my Mogul.

I think all of us will agree the Sprint version is better than VZWs. We were all following the leaked specs and pics on it wayback when GSM was the only version. We all knew the CDMA would be stripped of some things (although we didnt know VZW was gonna bend us over like they did). But even if I were on Sprint and had a year plus of a contract left I would not renew a 2yr contract and pay 200+ for the device. Granted getting more RAM is nice but damn if that isnt the most expensive RAM anyone has bought in the last several years. How many people are really going to use the TV out a lot of the time? We will play with it because it is something new and wont use it much more after that. They say it runs faster? Is that why there is all the lag in the device? My 6800 doesnt lag. But then there are certain aspects you have to keep in mind such as current CPU load and managed apps. Also, a clean and simple ROM always runs better and faster than a full loaded ROM. However, it still doesnt have FM like the Omnia got left with from its GSM version. No front camera like the GSM TP version. QVGA to VGA still is not equivalent or even comparable to HD so I dont think that really matters. Its a nice device dont get me wrong. I just cannot justify renewing a 2yr contract and having to pay that much for it when there are only minor upgrades. As others have already said, if you want to give me one, fine. If I can get one for a $50 insurance upgrade fine. But currently the TP cant do anything I cant currently do with my 6800. And if I would do the upgrade with Sprint you know I certainly wont do it for the VZW version. And that says a lot being I am on VZW.

However, with all that said, I have had in my hand both the TP and Omnia and IMO the Omnia is better than the TP. A far better camera and faster CPU. In the TP the TF3D lags. In the Omnia the Widget bar doesnt. You can drag items all over the screen and drop them, pick them up, move them again and no lag. But then again that could have something to do with the 528Mhz CPU the TP has versus the 624Mhz that the Omnia has. But the Omnia has no physical KB and although I used to have a 1st gen iPhone, I never got used to not 'feeling' the keys.

Overall, do I plan on getting a TP. No. I'll stick with my 6800 and see what comes out next.

For you Sprint guys, I can see somewhat why you may want to. I dont even know what the RAM/ROM specs are for the Alltel version are.

Last edited by weedahoe; 01-22-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:33 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

^ I can see the logic in that. If I had VZW, I wouldn't even consider the Touch Pro. Unless, of course, you got a Sprint version and brought it to the VZW network.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I have a Sprint TP flashed & activated on Verizon, a co-worker of mine has the Verizon version (xv6850).

I have tweaked his phone out as much as possible for him (he knows nothing about phones or tweaking etc). If you restart both phones & then run them side by side there is very little (if any) speed difference at first & it seems that the vz version is just fine.

That doesn't hold up however. As you go through the day with extended use his gets slower & slower until you really are forced to do a soft reset (same as anybody running a Titan/Mogul will be familiar with)

That does not really happen at all with the Sprint version & it's plentiful memory. I have run my phone for a week at times with out restarting it.

~John
Old 01-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia 910
Carrier: Metro PCS

mogulrudy is a n00b

yeah i have a mogul and have actually been debating for 2 months wether to switch to the tp. I also noticed when i went into numurous sprint stores an played with the devices that they are extremely HOT in my hand! I too noticed a bit of a lag when operating through the TF3D. Then i went into a verizon store and started messing with the Omnia an was amazed at how fast it actually operated. But yeah i have to have a hardware keyboard for browsing the IE and for texting.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Sprint

arshield is a n00b

I upgrades and I think there is a good bit of difference. I was forced into the upgrade because my niece gave my Mogul a bath, but I am quite happy with it now.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

[QUOTE=popdog54;657025]A major upgrade for me would be a larger screen like the HD, a Tegra chip, WM7 (although the Pro can probably be upgraded to this), and WiMax capability (if of course WiMax becomes available nationwide). Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for any/all of these features.

I am also waiting for the bigger screen that would be the killer upgrade. I am less optimistic about tegra only because so little info is ever released or even hinted about it. but the day anything solid comes out I will be thrilled! I am not coming from the mogul I've been holding out till CDMA got VGA resolution. that was the killer feature for me. also being able to browse any site and not get a memory error is AMAZING! but if you have your device working right and doing what you need I say stick with it till your killer feature comes along
Old 01-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Yibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good workYibrushn is keeping up the good work

I hate being a nood I've been reading the site for years and messing around with winmo since 2001 so I am focusing on posting more comments to get my rep up
Old 01-22-2009, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

zxcvzxcv is a n00b

I like how the mogul has the external ant port... very useful with wmwifi

I was thinking about upgrading to the touch pro so it would be easier to watch movies on the go but i can always buy a larger memory card
Old 01-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

me32 is a n00b

do they make an extened battey for the TP like they do the mogul?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yesss

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=...tended+battery

I was a member back when Wideawake was just Awake...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan