PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
with my 6700 i hit 2,000kibts most of the time and 129 download. as far as the 6800 i used my girlfriends and she got some good numbers also.

for those of you having problems i think you having them because under network connections, you guys are using the option phone as modem, switch it to sprint and should work like a charm, did it on my girlfriends and very problem i had went away

PS and thats without rev a
Old 07-04-2007, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

bamrock is a n00b
PDAnet is cake. Go to my site if you need to know more about it. http://www.neatish.com

The best in tech and everything else!
Old 07-07-2007, 07:43 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Ok just a few more comments on this, I started having the same connect problems as everyone else today so it worked fine for a couple of days than I started with the code 67 errors. I called sprint and got the Phone as a modem plan added and just FYI the cost is $39 but you don't need the standard power vision plan when you have the Phone as a Modem plan so for me it was +$39 but - $15 so a difference of $19. I am consistently getting 1100 kbit/sec in EVDO areas tested around Dallas/ Fort Worth areas. Before you invest in PDA net, I'm thinking, wondering if PDA Net will be compatible with Rev-A? Any ways I have made my choice just thought everyone else should have all the information.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

rycelover is just getting started
I also had some initial success tethering with internet sharing, however, several days ago I started to get the Error 67 popping up and it would not connect. I would soft reset several times and vision would no longer work on the Mogul - I could no longer connect to the internet or access activesync through MS exchange server. It would not work even with a hardreset - kept getting Error 67. Finally, I called Sprint and they said that my vision password was locked because there was three consecutive attempts at logging in and the system automatically locked me out and I could not connect using Mogul [not tethering]
Old 07-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Lurker

atsitalian is a n00b
Thanks to electronicrice, I made the following tweak and have successfully tethered my Mogul to my laptop. No third party app, No extra $ to Sprint for "Phone as modem plan"

You have to have your MSL number (which is the unlock code for programming your phone yourself) in order to change anything. You can call Sprint Technical Support and tell them you're getting Error Code 67 and can't connect to the internet on your phone. (Or you can just ask the rep to give it to you.) They should walk you through how to reset the data services by making you input ##3282# and then they'll give you your MSL number. Write it down as it is unique to your phone. Then you can hang up or whatever. That's what I did anyway. But go into the menu they were walking you through anyway and Edit the Mobile IP Only to Mobile IP Preferred. Save and soft reset when it tells you to.

You'll need to edit your registry. The only three keys in HKLM>Software>OEM>WMODEM should all be changed to Decimal 0. (Make sure at least Multi-NAI is set to 0 as that is the tethering detection)

Then just go to Connections settings and make sure Phone As Modem is the default connection for dialing up. Open Internet Explorer on the phone and dial up. When the connection is established, open Internet Sharing, choose USB and Phone As Modem for the settings and just start it and connect the USB cable.

That's what I did and I'm getting about 1 Mbps to 1.3 Mbps both on my phone alone and when tethered to my laptop, all on just EVDO. Can't wait for EVDO Rev. A!
Old 07-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Lurker

atsitalian is a n00b
Thanks to electronicrice, I made the following tweak and have successfully tethered my Mogul to my laptop. No third party app, No extra $ to Sprint for "Phone as modem plan"

You have to have your MSL number (which is the unlock code for programming your phone yourself) in order to change anything. You can call Sprint Technical Support and tell them you're getting Error Code 67 and can't connect to the internet on your phone. (Or you can just ask the rep to give it to you.) They should walk you through how to reset the data services by making you input ##3282# and then they'll give you your MSL number. Write it down as it is unique to your phone. Then you can hang up or whatever. That's what I did anyway. But go into the menu they were walking you through anyway and Edit the Mobile IP Only to Mobile IP Preferred. Save and soft reset when it tells you to.

You'll need to edit your registry. The only three keys in HKLM>Software>OEM>WMODEM should all be changed to Decimal 0. (Make sure at least Multi-NAI is set to 0 as that is the tethering detection)

Then just go to Connections settings and make sure Phone As Modem is the default connection for dialing up. Open Internet Explorer on the phone and dial up. When the connection is established, open Internet Sharing, choose USB and Phone As Modem for the settings and just start it and connect the USB cable.

That's what I did and I'm getting about 1 Mbps to 1.3 Mbps both on my phone alone and when tethered to my laptop, all on just EVDO. Can't wait for EVDO Rev. A!
Old 07-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

techiejp is a n00b
Can anyone confirm what atsitalian posted, or if there is any adverse affects from it? And has anyone gotten billed for any of their "phone as a modem" usage?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

techiejp is a n00b
I went ahead and tried it myself, and it does work (using a windows PC). I am still curious to see if I will see anything on my bill for it.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsitalian
When the connection is established, open Internet Sharing, choose USB and Phone As Modem for the settings and just start it and connect the USB cable.
Is this found on the phone or in the ActiveSync program?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

clayfu is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsitalian

what's the difference between "phone as modem" and Sprint PCS? i changed it to Phone as modem and my phone is 10x slower

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan