PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

HOOKnIT is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: data connection always on

mine stays connected doesnt exit until i do it in the comm man
Old 01-09-2009, 08:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Once your data connection is initialized it does stay on until you turn it off. At least that is how mine does but I have weather that updates every 2 or 4 hours, my IMs stay online and I use Seven to constantly poll and check my mail for me so I need mine to stay on. If I do turn it off, when ever my weather needs to update or Seven polls for new mail, it will turn back on the data connection. This is why I asked did you have any apps that are using data.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Once your data connection is initialized it does stay on until you turn it off. At least that is how mine does but I have weather that updates every 2 or 4 hours, my IMs stay online and I use Seven to constantly poll and check my mail for me so I need mine to stay on. If I do turn it off, when ever my weather needs to update or Seven polls for new mail, it will turn back on the data connection. This is why I asked did you have any apps that are using data.
How long does your battery last during the day?
Old 01-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Lurker

HOOKnIT is a n00b

the only things i have are the idialer, icontacts, and audio para i dont thank they would need to stay connected unless skyfire is haveing and issue
Old 01-09-2009, 12:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
How long does your battery last during the day?
I can go all day but by the end of the day when I get off Im about dead. So usually while I am at work I will plug in and charge because I never know where I will be and not have a charging source around.

Keep in mind that just because data is on, it is dormant when the screen is off so you dont use much power.

You can always use acbPowerMeter to monitor your batter usage also.

Last edited by weedahoe; 01-09-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOKnIT View Post
the only things i have are the idialer, icontacts, and audio para i dont thank they would need to stay connected unless skyfire is haveing and issue
Probably idialer has messed up the data icon.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Lurker

HOOKnIT is a n00b

demon is there another good dialer that you would recommend i really like this dialer but if it has issues ill try some thing else
Old 01-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamonds On My Damn Chain
Carrier: Still With Sprint

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
demon is there another good dialer that you would recommend i really like this dialer but if it has issues ill try some thing else
Its an issue but a very small issue. Having your data connection always running doesnt break your phone or drastically drain your battery. Just an example but your battery will probably last about 7-7.5 hours instead of 8 hours. really not a big deal in my opinion.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Nah, as long as you like it and it functions then keep it. Some dialers I have tried hang when switching between the status and dialer screens or break the 911 function.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan