PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 11:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Gps Questions. I've read the sticky :) Please help!

a custom rom will fix most if not all your issues. then you can use the HTC gps tools to prime your gps if needed. with XT and the newest update from garmin i dont need to prime with anything. just open XT and within a min i have a lock.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:32 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzwrep View Post
I'm leaning to a cstom rom but no one can say if it will fix my issue
Seriously man, that is a no brainer. We all know how gay Verizon is with ALL of their devices. There is not a device they release that is not CRIPPLED VERY BADLY. The MR1 locked GPS down with all 3rd party apps and even with the small fix not all 3rd party apps can work. It always is in your best interest to have a custom ROM. Pre made offical ROMS from VERIZON are always awful. Sprint's offical ROMS aren't too bad but Verizon will ALWAYS cripple their devices/roms. Most of the time we're able to fix it with ROMS and software, like the Titan and Apache and Vogue. Unfortunatly for the Touch Pro the hardware is changed so we're out of luck... Anyhow with all that said dump your MR1 and go with either the kitchen or NueRom.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6600, sch i760, xv6800
Carrier: Verizonwireless
Threadstarter

vzwrep is a n00b

battery life is a major issue with my device. I cannot go back to the pre MR1 batt life (at least until they have a super cap slim batt.) What kind of battery life are people getting out of there roms?
Old 12-10-2008, 09:47 PM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Almost as good as MR1. I am on build 20748. I do heavy Data usage and a lot of calls and text and GPS usage. I charge up almost every night.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:45 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

vzwrep is a n00b

I have mr 1 and refuse if possible to go to a refurb. Do you know how to flash a custom rom into a titan w/the mr1 software? If anyone can give me explicit insturctions how, it would be greatly appriciated. I cannot aford to "brick a phone". Thanks
Old 12-16-2008, 03:38 PM
My ROMS On My Site

You can unlock it then flash to a Sprint ROM to get a GPS radio. Then you FLash to a custom ROM with Verizon settings. I plan on making a video soon of the entire process...
Old 12-17-2008, 12:26 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

vzwrep is a n00b

i'm awaiting the video. Not do much outdoors until february so have some time to tinker. Will I lose any functionality or stability by useing a custom rom. Believe it or not the gps is really the only issue I have and have only once done a softreset since september30th. I almost can't believe i typed it but its true.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan