PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 06:55 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Exclamation Incorrect ESN?

So here is my story-

I have a HTC Mogul aka PPC-6800. Sprint (incorrectly) lists the model on my sprint.com account, as well as on their internal computers, as a HTC Touch. The interesting thing is that I have had no issues with Data or Call connections, and I was able to update to WM 6.1 with no issues.

Normally this would not be an issue, but since I have an agreement with E-Care for me to return my current phone (HTC Mogul) in and have it replaced with a HTC Touch Pro, with me paying only the difference between the 2 models. The Touch Pro is $579.99, the Mogul is $549.99, so I would normally pay $30.00.

That is not a problem. The problem is that they have the HTC Touch listed. That retails at $399.99. The price difference for that is $170.00- BIG ISSUE!

I have tried going onto sprint.com and updating the profile. No dice.
Talked to a customer service represenatitve and gave her the ESN (hex), ESN (Dec), and the s/n. ALL ARE LISTED AS A HTC Touch.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Incorrect ESN?

Did you get the phone from sprint or used from someone else?
Old 10-31-2008, 07:08 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

I got it as a replacement from Sprint after I lost my previous Mogul. I had insurance on the phone, so only payed $50.00 for the replacement.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

As long as you got the phone from sprint they would have to see that you have a mogul not a touch. It's possible that the esn is cloned but you would think they would have caught it when it was refurbished.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

No.. I just got off the phone with tech support. I gave him the ESN (Dec) and ESN (Hex), and it still showed as a Touch. I looked in the EPST, then where it is listed underneath the battery. Matching numbers. lol.. At least he gave me the unlock code to the EPST.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

tavella is a n00b

If they sent you the phone, go down to a local store (not a mall store or a kiosk) and talk to the manager. It will be in their records that the last ESN swap activated that phone. If everything matches up and they continue to give you a problem, you can either try to reason with/educate the manager, raise hell and divert possible new customers, or throw the phone at the manager like Naomi Campbell with a Blackberry. Either way, you might feel better.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

I had the same issue when I went and had my phone replaced from insurance due to damage.

I tried calling tech and after SEVERAL days of being put on hold I went to the sprint store and they had to call the regional manager to finally get the ESN number corrected to the Mogul from the Touch
Old 11-01-2008, 09:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavella View Post
If they sent you the phone, go down to a local store (not a mall store or a kiosk) and talk to the manager. It will be in their records that the last ESN swap activated that phone. If everything matches up and they continue to give you a problem, you can either try to reason with/educate the manager, raise hell and divert possible new customers, or throw the phone at the manager like Naomi Campbell with a Blackberry. Either way, you might feel better.
Take that last suggestion with a grain of salt, unless a catwalk strut at the local pokey is your idea of blissfulness.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:31 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

Haha.. No need for violence.. I will go to a repair shop and talk to a manager..
Old 11-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

I went into a Sprint repair shop today... The guy, who has worked on Sprint equipment for more then 2 years, said that he never once saw or even heard of this phenomena before... Hahaha... Love it...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan