PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
For the record I think the Mogul is the 6800 is the Titan.

That list of features is obviously generic (given the checkboxes), meant mainly to match up with the features found on traditional handsets. I think they just checked the ones that roughly apply to the 6800. Wi-Fi isn't listed because 99% of phones don't have it.

As for the external display stuff, I believe they are referring to the one display on the 6800 being external (as opposed to internal displays which cannot always be seen).

Multi-language is a bit of a stretch but you can install apps that have UIs in other languages
Old 05-24-2007, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro, Palm Pre

CTSLICK is a n00b
Sure hope its June 18th, some buzz on other forums talking about this as the next "target date".

Speaking of the Mogul moniker I tried going to rsvpmissionpossible.com again. You will recall that site seemed to link the Mogul name to the 6800 form factor and got taken down fairly quickly after it had been "discovered" here. Instead of just not being there it prompted me for a username and password. What does that mean...who knows...but its not dead.

I am trying to remain guarded and to keep my optimism reigned in...but its tough not to want it NOW NOW NOW.
Sharp Wizard->Palm IIIx->Casio EM-500->Dell X5 Advanced->PPC 6800
Old 05-24-2007, 04:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
rsvpmissionpossible.com now asks for user authentication before you can view it...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 05-24-2007, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint-Nextel

UTSAFTW is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill
For the record I think the Mogul is the 6800 is the Titan.

That list of features is obviously generic (given the checkboxes), meant mainly to match up with the features found on traditional handsets. I think they just checked the ones that roughly apply to the 6800. Wi-Fi isn't listed because 99% of phones don't have it.

As for the external display stuff, I believe they are referring to the one display on the 6800 being external (as opposed to internal displays which cannot always be seen).

Multi-language is a bit of a stretch but you can install apps that have UIs in other languages
That was exactly my thought when I posted it. It is quite generic, and if you follow the link, you will see the Radio Shack employee also has the data sheet for the Katana II which followed the same format.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pooh
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
The wing is the worst ppc phone i have ever seen. LOL
201mhz processor WTF is that. phone is going to be slow and lagy even with WM6.
Also i saw a video and the free program memory was 14mb and that was right out the box.
It truely is the biggest piece of ISH ever, however, I wanted to feel it to get an idea of what the 6800 was going to be like. Pssh, only thing TMO ever got LUCKY with is the Sidekick and the Dash... other than that... its a big bucket of AIDS.
yea tmobile always seems to find a way to stat in the smartphone game even though there data EDGE sucks lol. the dash is very popular now i see them all over and we all know how big the sidekick is.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Lurker

nickmford is a n00b
Re: Delayed confirmed

The Wing is only laggy when opening and closing the slide out keyboard as the 6700 was at its initial launch. Surprisingly its very quick even with 3megs of free program memory (I even loaded the Palm Threaded SMS on it). WM6 professional really makes use of the rescources to work wonders. I am still wondering how the hell this thing is moving smooth with 201mhz and almost no program memory free. The Mogul should be blazing fast with WM6 profesional if it is anywhere near as optomized as the Wing.

I wonder how many Wing bashers actually used one for more than 10 minutes in a store. Anyways Sprint will probably delay the Mogul till we are all on the brink of dropping the carrier like usual with all the previous phone releases. But I will undeniably continue waiting for my Mogul =/
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan