PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

gpgorbosjr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why?!?!

My phone started out fine when I got it in July. Eventually I wasn't able to sync it with the computer because it was recognized as a device. Now, it won't take charge from any of the cables.

So, my Touch Pro is coming on Tuesday (was coming before this crap), and I guess the only thing I can do is go without a phone for two days?

I can't even use the battery out because I'm guessing there might be info on the old phone I need to activate the new one.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:12 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Why?!?!

not to rain on your parade but, when the pro gets to you youll be posting a new bag of problems.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
not to rain on your parade but, when the pro gets to you youll be posting a new bag of problems.
Yea, I was tempted to get something else just because my first experience with Htc (6800) has been kind of crappy, but I'll deal.

So anyway, my question that I had meant to ask was, is what is the Htc warranty on this thing? Because someone told me it was a year. Then what do you need to get a new one from them proof of purchase wise/how do you request it?
Old 11-09-2008, 02:22 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

dont get me wrong, i love htc. lot of the problems with the pro arent there fault. some are. imo, all phones got problems. the fixes are helping the pro, except batter charging issues. as for your question, i would call sprint on that one.(or your carier) goodluck
Old 11-09-2008, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Lmao, get this.

I started playing around with the port. First I used one of those dust be gone spray cans lol, nothing.

So I took the stylus out of the phone and started playing around with the small bar that has the contacts inside the port. So I started by pressing the stylus against the contacts in the top, nothing. Gave up, placed a call to Sprint (not to replace it, for Htc's #), ate lunch, took out the stylus, shoved the boards all the way up, and it got stuck there. Then I shoved the charger into the port, and it worked!! It's still buggy like it used to be where you have to jiggle it to keep it working, and I'll probably still get a replacement from Htc if I can, but this helps for now.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

yeah if you have the insurance bring it in to a repair center. That way you'll have a new refurb as an extra phone. When you get the pro you can sell it or something.

Im in the same boat as you Im waiting for my pro to arrive. Should be here monday or tuesday the latest.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan