PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

hotpeanuts is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hotpeanuts
Water Damage Help

Well, my mogul got a little wet and now the touch screen doesnt work, the phone pickup and hangup keys and both of the softkeys do not work, along with the internet key. I am able to pickup calls but cant hear anything after i pickup, although the sound does work. the keyboard works fine and i am able to sent and receive texts just fine. any ideas for a fix? ive let it dry for two days almost now and not much has changed. is it recommended to open it up? Any help is appreciated thanks
Old 10-26-2008, 07:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Water Damage Help

Unless you're sure of what you're doing, I would not take it apart. Don't suppose you have insurance on it? If you do, the best thing would be to get it replaced

Old 10-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Threadstarter

hotpeanuts is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hotpeanuts

yeah i dont have insurance but i know that theyre not very hard to take apart
Old 10-26-2008, 09:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpeanuts View Post
yeah i dont have insurance but i know that theyre not very hard to take apart

Most things are pretty easy to take apart....it's the re-assembling that will get you
Old 10-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

soinkster is keeping up the good worksoinkster is keeping up the good work

lol good one
Old 10-28-2008, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

davidgelb is just getting started

I have heard that putting it into a bag with dry white rice will help wick the moisture from out of the phone.

Did the Mogul get wet with water, or something else?

If it is just water (something that doesn't leave a residue), then drying it out with the rice trick may work for you - I have heard from a couple people that it worked for them.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

-David
Old 10-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgelb View Post
I have heard that putting it into a bag with dry white rice will help wick the moisture from out of the phone.

Did the Mogul get wet with water, or something else?

If it is just water (something that doesn't leave a residue), then drying it out with the rice trick may work for you - I have heard from a couple people that it worked for them.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!

-David
that only works if it is directly after they water damage. you must take off all detachable object (battery cover, battery, stylus) drive off visible water, and then rice. also, do not use a blow dryer. and since its been two days, most likely the insides have begun to rust, so even opening it up and trying to repair it wont do much good. call up insurance and have them send you a new one.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint 6800

boramiNYC is a n00b
Smile Re: Water Damage Help

Recently my 6700 had been under water for over half an hour (pls don't ask what happened) and it was completely dead of course. I took the battery out and took it to Sprint store, where they refused to do anything since it was insurance claim. After about 5 hrs since the incident, I was curious what would happen if battery was put in. Of course the insurance claim was already done. And to my complete amazement, it came alive! and even making phone calls. All functions I tried seemed to be working just fine. I still returned it but maybe you have hope afterall just wait and see. Good luck dude.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kingsfan626 is a n00b

The easiest way to put insurance on your line is get another Sprint phone not being used and transfer the number over to that phone. Once the other phone is activated ask them to add the insurance on your plan. Wait a day and have them transfer the number back to the mogul and there you go instant insurance.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

walterpierce99 is a n00b

Don't freak out quite yet. I dropped mine completely in water and it went dead for almost a day. I dried it as best I could before I did any surgery. I would not suggest you take it apart unless you are sure of what you're doing. I have 99 complete funtion now with the exception of the keyboard light. I haven't gotten that back but who cares. Sprint wont do anything for water damage. So if you have the insurance, say you lost the damn thing or something. I hope this helps you out. Just try to remain patient. Trust me, I know how you're feeling right now!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan