PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: alltel

desitdt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
new mogul

i have to admit, the titan isnt all i thought it would be. I am not however going to say that i "should" get a touch pro. I do however think that if i bought a mogul in July that, if i only experience alot of software issues (exept for the white spot on the screen) that when i ask what can be done, i am told that they can only give me a refurb! I am on alltel, so i know it may be harder to get this done, but what is the best way to go about getting a new mogul, rather than a refurb from alltel.

Please provide numbers!

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Re: new mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by desitdt View Post
i have to admit, the titan isnt all i thought it would be. I am not however going to say that i "should" get a touch pro. I do however think that if i bought a mogul in July that, if i only experience alot of software issues (exept for the white spot on the screen) that when i ask what can be done, i am told that they can only give me a refurb! I am on alltel, so i know it may be harder to get this done, but what is the best way to go about getting a new mogul, rather than a refurb from alltel.

Please provide numbers!

Thanks in advance.
I've had 2 NIB moguls, the first was an upgrade, and the second was after one of the soft keys quit working. they didn't have any refurbs to send, so i got a new one. luck of the draw for me i guess. They're probably not going to do much for ya with just software problems. You could break the screen and take it in and tell them you don't have time to wait for them to send you one, and maybe get a NIB one that way, but that could be a gamble too as they may have refurbs in the store. That much I don't know.

The titan can be a great device, i know mine is, when set up properly for your usage type. My only gripe is the memory issue we all know and love.
Don't forget to hit the

Old 10-18-2008, 10:27 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

call your local store and if they have no refurbs, break that baby, then use lyles method. Lol
Old 10-18-2008, 11:07 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

My 6800 isn't bad at all.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC-6800 & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Allltel

Simba7 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Simba7 Send a message via AIM to Simba7 Send a message via MSN to Simba7 Send a message via Yahoo to Simba7 Send a message via Skype™ to Simba7

Do you have the latest ROM installed?

I'm using the latest official Alltel ROM (10/07/2008) and it's running a bit better than before.

I had a few memory leakage problems before this update. I also have an 8GB SanDisk MicroSD Card in it and it works perfectly.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
My 6800 isn't bad at all.
I'm very happy with my two 6800's. It took a few ROM swaps & a fair bit of tweaking, but I am really happy with them now.

~John
Old 10-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

hardwyre is becoming a great contributor

It's such a load of 'ish that they give you a refurbished phone AND make you pay deductible. What is the refurb happens to be a piece and you need it replaced again? Another deductible. Etc, etc, etc.

What I'm curious about is can I trade in my Mogul for a discount on the Touch Pro when it comes out...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan