PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 03:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: sprint

mycophiles is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trying to output audio into a reciever.

For some reason I don't get any audio when I don't get audio.

I use the splitter that comes with the phone to charge the phone while I'm doing this. Then put a 2.5mm -> 3.5mm mini adapter into it and then a mini -> RCA left and right channel dongle (splitter).

I don't get any audio.

I've tried both WMP and TCPMP and neither work. Is this just impossible or am I doing something wrong?
Old 10-13-2008, 04:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83
Re: Trying to output audio into a reciever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
This is the problem when using a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter for headphones. The rings on the standard 2.5 headset have 3 rings for 4 sections. When you put an adapter into the 2.5 to convert it to the 3.5 depending on how the 2.5 socket is wired you cross things out bc the 3.5 adapter has 2 rings with 3 sections. This crosses wires and makes only 1 channel work. The workaround is to pull the the headphones just a tiny bit out of the adapter but this will give you sound from both headphones just not sure if it is stereo or mono sound coming out.
Your problem seems similar but you don't get any audio. Each 3.5 adapter may be a little off .. try playing something thru wmp or tcmp that has audio coming out then plug your y usb adapter to mogul sound should continue through phone untill you plug the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter in. The sound will mute from the titain's speaker and start streaming through the cable. Take the 2.5 adapter make it as tight as possible into the y adapter but pull the rca headphone side out a tiny bit and see if audio starts playing. If not then it might be one of those wm 6.1 bugs that people have with software breaking the way the port handles audio. As you should get @ least 1 channel of audio once u pill the 3.5mm cord out of the 2.5mm adapter just a bit. If this does not help you then try to find an adapter that has the usb on one end and 3.5 on the other.

All else fails check out the thread over on xda that people talk about what audio adapters they use to get a 3.5 jack on thier phones.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=336826
Old 10-13-2008, 09:52 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I got mine from Mogul Depot and it was only $5 for it and $5 for S&H. It works fine with WM 6.1 too. It is a direct 3.5mm adapter.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6800
Carrier: Alltel

brettokok is just getting started

I use a miniUSB to 3.5 as well.. Sends great audio to the tv in my car(or anything with aux in for that matter).. Turn by turn directions play over the audio as well. Wish I had a way to charge it at the same time but I dont.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

Yours didn't come with the other adapter that has the mini usb + headphone usb splitter ? Thats what I use for mine in car to charge and have audio. As i hacked a spare set of the stock headsets into a aux out cable for my Pioneer headunit. Just cut the buds off and soldered wires to the speaker cables after the mic so I can still use it for in car calls. Works like a charm.

Here is the guide i followed to connect the headset speaker wires to my head unit in case any of you have a pioneer head unit with a cd-changer port and want to do this yourselves.

http://stereophonik.com/gutterslide/IP-BUS_Hack/

Works great to lsten to music thru mort player ether from my sd card or stations from shoutcast. I just turn the pre amp down a bit so the mort player music is lower then the rest of the audio that way my gps software can be heard over the music.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:44 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Mine is just a miniUSB to 3.5mm adapter. Sorry.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6800
Carrier: Alltel

brettokok is just getting started

Mine only came with a usb+power dock, extra stylus, and screen protector..

looking for usb splitter on ebay.. Have been using a usb>3.5mm adapter for sound in my truck(which has redwhiteyellow audio/video cable to 3.5mm adapter).. Video does not play through the usb>3.5 adapter that i got for like 3 dollars on ebay. Sound works great, just no charging which can suck if you have a 2 hour roadtrip and all your cds are scratched up and your phone can either be playing music or charging so its not dead when you get where your going. haha
Old 10-14-2008, 02:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker

http://tinyurl.com/49hyw6

http://tinyurl.com/3kkm5v < Also found it for a couple more bux from a US seller.

You could always try this I have heard people on here that have gotten this and it works + it has the proper 3.5mm audio jack and the charger port on it as well as the mic and answer button for hands free.

Last edited by gator2k83; 10-14-2008 at 02:56 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

See my post in this thread. I use one that charges, used as handfree, has 3.5mm socket.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40363

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan