PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 08:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

ssorg87 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just bought the XV6800 for verizon.. need help.

I just bought the phone and want to get the most out of this phone. I do not have a data plan so I have been using the wifi. I know I need to update the version rom but when I go to the sites it all is the 2... version not the 3.16 version. Any suggestions? And anything else I should do? I need all the help I can get. Thanks guys
Old 09-19-2008, 08:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Just bought the XV6800 for verizon.. need help.

please read a lot of the things here on the board because if you want to do GPS on that VZW 68 then you need NOT do the most recent ROM update available from VZW.

As for everything else, read this thread here
Old 09-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Welcome. You found the right place for mod's and updates.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ssorg87 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
please read a lot of the things here on the board because if you want to do GPS on that VZW 68 then you need NOT do the most recent ROM update available from VZW.

As for everything else, read this thread here

Alright if I dont need to do the most recent Rom update what do I need to do? I am sorry I am totally new to modding phones.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:54 AM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

you are probably are going to try to make it look like the iphone search for an application called IFONZ
Old 09-19-2008, 09:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssorg87 View Post
Alright if I dont need to do the most recent Rom update what do I need to do? I am sorry I am totally new to modding phones.
Its not what you need to do but rather what do you WANT to do. You can leave it just as it is and it will be fine. So the Q is what are you trying to do and what do you want the device to do. Once we know that then we can start trying to guide you more. Most ppl want a custom ROM with GPS. Thats why I gave you that thread to read.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ssorg87 is a n00b

Well I tried to update my rom and install the radio and it went through did it and now rebooted and is stuck at the verizon screen.... nothing happens. What should I do?
Old 09-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

pull the battery out for about 15 seconds then pop it back in and press the power button to boot back up...
Old 09-19-2008, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800

zadok is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
pull the battery out for about 15 seconds then pop it back in and press the power button to boot back up...
I found the detailed instructions by GaMedic to be particularly helpful.

Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

After having upgraded the xv6700; I found that the Lock/Unlock topic to be difficult for me to understand.

Please keep posting your progress.
OS ROM: nueROM3 pre3
Old 09-19-2008, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

roopull is becoming a great contributor

If you're new to these types of phones, I think the best thing you can do is install a program to make the interface easier to operate with your fingers. Some of the phones w/o keyboards have similar interfaces...

I use the HTC Home set up that you can find here on the forums.

It's also worth mentioning that I found the "kitchen" Roms to be less stable than the official ones. Until you start running out of memory, I'd just stick with Verizon's Rom & add programs you want.

That's my 2 cents, anyhoo.

Here's what Home looks like... ignore the wall paper. I'm referring to the icons on the screen.

contacts touch-dialing tab

weather tab... touch it for a 5 day forecast

application launcher... much easer than hitting start, programs & then finding the app you want to use. Just put your favorite ones, here.

Mine is from Sprint, so your mileage my vary.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan