PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
Re: Google Maps 2.3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sHockz View Post
as soon as i get to the terms and conditions to accept it exits the application. i installed dcd's jbed java v2 and then the gmaps-231 file you uploaded. am i missing something?
I didn't come across that issue, I'm using Esmertec Jbed 20080428.2.1 currently, from one of GC's Opera Mini java packs. I won't really be able to take a look at this until I get home from work though, around 7:30pm central.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:08 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

Thanks banzaiwolfe. Works great and even has full screen street view. I'm using Jbed build 20080222.3.1 from DCD's 3.26 ROM. BTW anybody know what the blue dot in the lower right corner is for?

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 09-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the zip file from the #7 post works. u need esmertech java midlet manager.

the blue dot is for 'my location' which doesnt work on the the mogul. the only benefit of this is the street view. at the loss of the gps i will wait for the win mobile version.

Last edited by shadow-tech; 09-23-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The Cab install for 2.2 works fine enough for me and has the triangle showing your direction.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

can someone link a java cab that is known to work?
Old 09-24-2008, 12:05 PM
mmmm Freebirds

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sHockz View Post
can someone link a java cab that is known to work?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...62&postcount=6
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thx again darkness!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
That won't get you the java version. I was able to find a java version of Google Maps 2.3.1 with touchscreen support, but from what I can tell it doesn't have any GPS support. So if you need the GPS it would probably be better to just wait until there is a WinMo version available.

Also, the app isn't signed, so you might have to approve internet access for it. I'm going to see if an old fix I know of still works for that though. If anyone is having this issue please let me know.

Anyways, the file is attached in a zip. This is only the Google Maps app, you need to have java already.
Ok, I installed the java darkness linked to me and installed the cab you linked. When it "installs" there seems to be no directory for the software anywhere...No icons appear in my programs list, nothing. I cant seem to locate the software anywhere, but yet is says installed. When I go to my uninstall programs list, it isnt listed in there. But, if I try to install it again, it says the programs already exists and wants to overwrite it. I have tried that and still nothing. What am I missing here?

EDIT- I am retarded. Found it, didn't realize I had to start the java app. I just wish I could add GM to my programs list in HTC home.

Last edited by sHockz; 09-25-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:14 PM
mmmm Freebirds

You should be able to create a shortcut for it. It worked for me. Just like Opermini, it installs to the root directory of Java. The shortcut is almost the same as Operamini but varies with the # of Java apps that are installed on the device. Here is the short path that I have

Code:
"\Windows\jbed.exe" -run s1_
Old 09-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul

tbest is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to tbest

anyone have flash plugin?