View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 11:10 AM
sHockz
Regular 'Geeker

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Maps 2.3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
That won't get you the java version. I was able to find a java version of Google Maps 2.3.1 with touchscreen support, but from what I can tell it doesn't have any GPS support. So if you need the GPS it would probably be better to just wait until there is a WinMo version available.

Also, the app isn't signed, so you might have to approve internet access for it. I'm going to see if an old fix I know of still works for that though. If anyone is having this issue please let me know.

Anyways, the file is attached in a zip. This is only the Google Maps app, you need to have java already.
Ok, I installed the java darkness linked to me and installed the cab you linked. When it "installs" there seems to be no directory for the software anywhere...No icons appear in my programs list, nothing. I cant seem to locate the software anywhere, but yet is says installed. When I go to my uninstall programs list, it isnt listed in there. But, if I try to install it again, it says the programs already exists and wants to overwrite it. I have tried that and still nothing. What am I missing here?

EDIT- I am retarded. Found it, didn't realize I had to start the java app. I just wish I could add GM to my programs list in HTC home.

Last edited by sHockz; 09-25-2008 at 11:15 AM.