PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation no phone call recording abilities?....really?!

Ironically the one reason I got this phone is because someone thought it could do call recording... so I did a LITTLE research before getting it and it wasn't clear.. so I got it.. and now with all that it can do, it apparently can NOT do the ONE THING I originally purchased it for. I will keep it of course of all the other cool stuff it can do but seriously, with all our ROM hacking GPS enabling gurus out there, is it really not possible to overcome this obstacle? Are we really DEFEATED in the arena of enabling the phone to do call recording via software?

Old 09-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear
Re: no phone call recording abilities?....really?!

i thought call recording was illegal? unless the other party knows it? i think they talked about this before not sure what was the verdict

Old 09-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker

munnarg is keeping up the good workmunnarg is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to munnarg

You do know it's against the law to record calls without letting the other person know that you are doing it right?
Old 09-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

*NO*, it is NOT illegal! In 38 states of the US it is PERFECTLY legal so long as one party knows it's being recorded (i.e. YOU, if you're on the call). That was NOT my question.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker

munnarg is keeping up the good workmunnarg is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to munnarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post
*NO*, it is NOT illegal! In 38 states of the US it is PERFECTLY legal so long as one party knows it's being recorded (i.e. YOU, if you're on the call). That was NOT my question.
Doubt you'll get much help with that little attitude there, lol.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:22 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

As far as I know the verdit is NO NO due to hardware configuration and limitation in the mogul chip. I had Resco but could only record my side of the street.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Talking Re: no phone call recording abilities?....really?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnarg View Post
Doubt you'll get much help with that little attitude there, lol.

Sorry. I have a real issue with people who pretend to know what they are talking about when they in fact do NOT and are therefore misinforming the entire community. Call it a character flaw.

Is there no way to flash the device so that the hardware responds differently? There are so many determined and gifted individuals who contribute to the development of the ROMS and software applications and modifications for not only this device but the Pocket PC in general that it's hard for me to accept that this is really something that they are collectively unable to overcome.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

If you still have your wired headset, a little work, and a recorder, I am sure you could overcome. It only took an hour...ummm nevermind that hour part...the olympus digital VR is a nice unit to rewire...umm I mean play with.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 09-18-2008, 02:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post
Did you not read the first two posts above yours that said they same thing. Besides, IDK about where you guys are at, but here in GA it works TWO ways.

1) You have to let them know
2) You DO NOT have to let them know as long as there is 'beep' within a max of every 15 seconds.

And to assist the OP, simply turn the speaker phone on and then use the built-in recorded or resco recorded or whatever else

And on a third note, go find an app called PMRecorder
Old 09-18-2008, 03:26 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Peter Dude, is this your quote"Ironically the one reason I got this phone is because someone thought it could do call recording" where did you do your research man? you may want to go back and redo them.There are threads on ppc geeks and the subject was deeply discussed by this wonderful community. If you read it you may have purchased a flippy instead because my early Sanyo 9000 could record easily without any software install,hacks or nothing,and an early Nextel too...you may believe that it is possible to do, but for right now it is impossible.

Last edited by HBOOT; 09-18-2008 at 11:03 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan