PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Great USB->3.5mm Adapter?

Good let me know how it works. I may run by a radio shack in the next few days and see if they have one. That way I can test and return if it doesn't work.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 09-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwynn View Post
Why does the kitchen matter?
My adapter and fm transmitter works fine on stock but cuts out on a track change or internet buffering on the last two kitchens. it blows.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:04 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel
Threadstarter

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMedic View Post
Good let me know how it works. I may run by a radio shack in the next few days and see if they have one. That way I can test and return if it doesn't work.
My local one doesn't.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

The one made by Seidio, is the best one I've found in terms of construction and how it works inline with earphones etc. It also works with the newer ROM's. You can get it from moguldepot.com or from seidio.com directly.

The Semsons.com one is also nice, it allows charging via mini usb too which is great for the car etc, but without modification to pin 1, it won't provide audio on the new ROM. Simply take a thumbtack, bend the pin in question, up, and then push it flat into the bottom of the connector. Works great.

Last edited by Protonus; 09-16-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
The Semsons.com one is also nice, it allows charging via mini usb too which is great for the car etc, but without modification to pin 1, it won't provide audio on the new ROM. Simply take a thumbtack, bend the pin in question, up, and then push it flat into the bottom of the connector. Works great.
if you are talking about this:

which pin (if you were holding it the same way as in the pic)?

I always end up with the tripped out issues with these htc phones.

Last edited by akastixx; 09-16-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Yes that's the adaptor in question.

On the MALE end (the part that plugs into the phone on the adaptor), if you were holding the adaptor with that male connector facing towards you ( so the audio and charging port were to your right), you'll see that the rectangular mini usb connection is keyed by having one corner lobbed off. That corner, that's sorta rounded, should be at the bottom left when you're looking at it.

In the bottom row, it's the first pin on the left. So it's the bottom left pin.

Take a thumback, slip the tip under that pin, and lift up, so the pin bends up. You want it up about half way between the top and bottom so it's in the middle. Then take the pin, and push it down to the right. It's short enough that it will lay compleatly flat in the bottom of the connector. make sure it's pushed all the way down.

If done right when you plug it into you phone it shouldn't feel like you did anythign at all. You also must make sure not to disturb the OTHER pins.

If you do this, you can charge the phone via the mini usb (I use my car charger) while also listening to music thru the audio out. IT's stereo and sounds great.

I got this tip from elsewhere on teh forums, if you search you'll find it... There is even a picture.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

werked!

*punts car radio*
*dusts it off and tells it sorry after forgetting that it is still needed (if only for any one station) to use the fm transmitter*

Last edited by akastixx; 09-16-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

nevermind515 is a n00b

First post here - Protonus you rock! Got one of these for $4.47 shipped from an Amazon 3rd party seller. 30 seconds after I opened it I got a tack and it's working great! First of 4 things I've tried that has actually worked.

Thanks again!
Old 09-20-2008, 01:38 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel
Threadstarter

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I should have my adapter in by Monday. I'll let you all know how it works for me.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

strawsy is a n00b

Where can you get an fm transmitter for the mogul?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan