View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Protonus
PPCGeeks Regular

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus
Re: Great USB->3.5mm Adapter?

Yes that's the adaptor in question.

On the MALE end (the part that plugs into the phone on the adaptor), if you were holding the adaptor with that male connector facing towards you ( so the audio and charging port were to your right), you'll see that the rectangular mini usb connection is keyed by having one corner lobbed off. That corner, that's sorta rounded, should be at the bottom left when you're looking at it.

In the bottom row, it's the first pin on the left. So it's the bottom left pin.

Take a thumback, slip the tip under that pin, and lift up, so the pin bends up. You want it up about half way between the top and bottom so it's in the middle. Then take the pin, and push it down to the right. It's short enough that it will lay compleatly flat in the bottom of the connector. make sure it's pushed all the way down.

If done right when you plug it into you phone it shouldn't feel like you did anythign at all. You also must make sure not to disturb the OTHER pins.

If you do this, you can charge the phone via the mini usb (I use my car charger) while also listening to music thru the audio out. IT's stereo and sounds great.

I got this tip from elsewhere on teh forums, if you search you'll find it... There is even a picture.
This post has been thanked 4 times.