PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 02:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

travis h is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm having a funny problem with my mini-usb to headphone adapter

I ordered a mini-usb to 3.5mm headphone adapter from seidio (http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...=ADA-11PM35FST) so that I can use my headphones on my p6800 (I hate the fact that this phone does not have a headphone jack). I'm following the only instructions on the site which tell me to connect the headphones to the adapter before connecting the adapter to the phone. Even so, I'm still having problems. Half of the time the phone brings up the voice dial screen and stops playing music while it waits for a voice input. The other half of the time it will just go ahead and call the last person I talked to (which has gotten me into some uncomfortable conversations). I thought I had fixed this by turning on flight mode each time I use the headphone adapter, but after a day or so it still brings up the voice deal screen (at least it can't call people). Anyone else have this problem? Any solution? Thanks for any help.

TH
Old 09-14-2008, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

datawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuff
Re: I'm having a funny problem with my mini-usb to headphone adapter

Never had this problem with any of several different varieties of USB to 3.5mm adapters. The adapter may have a short.

-Doc

Sprint Touch Pro
MightyROM 4.16
Old 09-14-2008, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

rambrush is a n00b

Some have weak manufacturing tolerances. Does it make a difference if you pull it out slightly?
Old 09-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Threadstarter

travis h is a n00b

I haven't tried pulling it out slightly, at least not on purpose. I have noticed that I get a LOT more problems using headphones when compared to using my car's accessory cable (connected to the CD changer input). It's as if the phone is "detecting" something on the other end of the USB adapter and is trying to do something with it. Happens to various headphones I've tried, so it's not simply a bad set of headphones. It will pull up the voice dial screen as often as every 5 seconds which causes the phone to beep and pause the music. That is, unless it just autodials the last person I talked to (which doesn't beep, so I have no idea that I just called someone unless I'm looking at the phone). Frustrating. I guess it's worth sending back this adapter and trying a new one if I'm the only one to have problems like this. I was hoping there was an easy fix and that I was doing something stupid.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6800

Ksquared9 is a n00b

I have a similar question: I just got this adapter for my xv6800:

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5mm-USB-AUDIO-...713.m153.l1262

When I plug it in to the phone with headphones, nothing happens. Music still plays out the phone's speaker. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have been trying to find a good way to listen to music and watch movies, espcially while excercising. I also have the motorola s9 bluetooth headphones, but any moister (sweat) seems to ruin them (despite the fact that they are advertised as sweat resistant).

Thanks!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try the fix here and let us know if it works with that adapter.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 09-25-2008, 12:07 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I bought mine from Mogul Depot and it works great. $5 for the product and then another $6 for S&H and no complaints yet.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: BrwnTelephoneCO

rangness is a n00b

didn't want to start a new thread......was this issue ever resolved?

I went to radioshack and bought a mini-usb to 2.5mm jack that was meant for ''Motorola phones and 'other compatible phones' ". I figure it was just an adapter and it would work......nope. nothing...sounds still play out of the mogul speaker.

any thoughts? anyone wanna give up their mogul adapters
Old 12-27-2008, 02:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700,6800,6900,Touch Pro ,
Carrier: sprint

tc32brat is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to tc32brat

I went out and bought a stereo bluetooth headset. It works real good with the 6800 it is made by insignia. it costed around 60 bucks....but i have had it for 6 months now, and have used it everyday. here in ca it is the law to use bluetooth while driving. sense i am a truck driver, i use it a lot. I would highly recommend it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan