PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Model do you like Sprint Mogul or Verizion Xv6800
Sprint Mogul 59 83.10%
Verizon Xv6800 12 16.90%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2008, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus
Re: Mogul or Xv6800

Mogul looks better.
But it's on sprint.
I'll take the one that can make calls. (Verizon).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
I'll take the one that can make calls. (Verizon).
Exactly.

I had a free Sprint phone for a year (I could still have it) & gave it up to PAY for Verizon. That tells you what I think of Sprints service...........

~John
Old 08-31-2008, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub73 View Post
This is really a moot point...every sprint user is gonna say Mogul!!!! and every verizon user is going to say 6800!!!

I like the 6800 better then the rainy day grey Mogul...the blue looks much cleaner and the 4 way directional pad has a nifty button in the middle that I use often...that is the only difference I've seen between the 2 phones...although Verizon has made the 6800 capable of handling a 16gb memory card... I don't know and don't care if the Mogul does or not...!

DOH!! I voted for the xv6800 because..................I am on VZW
Old 08-31-2008, 06:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Imagio
Carrier: Verizion
Threadstarter

maxhub is a n00b

I know it is a moot point but I also know there is users that have used both. I just want to make sure one software on one phone is not better than the others. I will be using this on networks from time to time and any extra input I can get will help me in my decision.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

Ironically I have both xv6800 for work and mogul for play and work, unfortunately I cannot mod my xv6800 for obvious reasons but I get most attention with the mogul I've been on sprint for maybe 7-8 years with no problems.Ever. Maybe because i'm in D.C.?
Old 08-31-2008, 07:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

madman16420 is keeping up the good workmadman16420 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to madman16420

i like the mogul

Old 08-31-2008, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

phazed is just getting started

16GB MicroSD DOES exist.. it is just not marketed yet (prototype?)

Here's a screenshot.....
16GB MicroSD confirmed compatible with Nokia handsets
http://www.nokiausers.net/forum/gene...-handsets.html

Sandisk Hints at 16GB MicroSD Card
http://www.smartdevicecentral.com/ar.../226278_1.aspx

Currently I have a 8GB SDHC in my Mogul (With no problems, ever). Theoretically, since the Mogul supports SDHC... it should be able to address every bit of a 32GB card.

I think your asking the wrong question. The question I would be asking would be.. Sprint or Verizon?

I have had Sprint for 6 or 7 years now without any problems.. and have had my phones replaced without much hassle multiple times via the Insurance.
Things that tick me off... No Picture Mail.. and Now Getting rid of Sprintpcs.com mail account... WTF.

My girlfriend had Verizon... Pain in the BUTT! Signal was inferior to Sprints (Virginia). Her phone was going nuts (LG VX3200 I think) and receiving duplicate texts 5-10 times over.. and they would charge her for going over the 1000 text limit. Could never get it straight. They lost a 4yr customer over $45 worth of erroneous texts. Oh ya, and don't call Verizon tech support on the weekend when most people have time to do so. They are CLOSED! UNACCEPTABLE!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by phazed View Post
16GB MicroSD DOES exist.. it is just not marketed yet (prototype?)

Here's a screenshot.....
16GB MicroSD confirmed compatible with Nokia handsets
http://www.nokiausers.net/forum/gene...-handsets.html

Sandisk Hints at 16GB MicroSD Card
http://www.smartdevicecentral.com/ar.../226278_1.aspx

Currently I have a 8GB SDHC in my Mogul (With no problems, ever). Theoretically, since the Mogul supports SDHC... it should be able to address every bit of a 32GB card.

I think your asking the wrong question. The question I would be asking would be.. Sprint or Verizon?

I have had Sprint for 6 or 7 years now without any problems.. and have had my phones replaced without much hassle multiple times via the Insurance.
Things that tick me off... No Picture Mail.. and Now Getting rid of Sprintpcs.com mail account... WTF.

My girlfriend had Verizon... Pain in the BUTT! Signal was inferior to Sprints (Virginia). Her phone was going nuts (LG VX3200 I think) and receiving duplicate texts 5-10 times over.. and they would charge her for going over the 1000 text limit. Could never get it straight. They lost a 4yr customer over $45 worth of erroneous texts. Oh ya, and don't call Verizon tech support on the weekend when most people have time to do so. They are CLOSED! UNACCEPTABLE!

Depends on where you are I guess, I've been with Verizon since they were PrimeCo. 11 years now never had a problem receiving calls or texts...My girl has sprint and they charge her a 50.00 deductible...to replace her phone via Insurance...with verizon I've never been charged...to replace anything, car charger breaks they open a new package take my broken one I leave with a new one...leather case came apart, they give me a new one no questions asked no money changing hands...

I agree with you on the lack of "unlimited text messaging" but I have a plan with 5000 free texts...have yet to crack 2500 in a month...Sprints inexplicable lack of MMS is just ridiculous...
Old 08-31-2008, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

phazed is just getting started

I agree, it must have to do with where you live.. some areas are more forgiving/lenient in their repair and customer service. Most people I know with Verizon swear by it. Guess you just have to get bitten in the balls once to get that 'blood" taste in your mouth, you know?

I agree completely with the sprint MMS boondoggle. If I used MMS to any great length before the "change" I'm sure I would be considering other options. But seeing as I almost never used MMS before.. I'm not missing it.

UNACCEPTABLE SPRINT!

As for the $50 replacement charge.. its for Lost/Stolen/User error(Broken). If it is deemed defective equipment, its a free replacement.

You didn't hear it from me but clear fingernail polish on the battery terminals proves to be non-conductive, and virtually undetectable... hence your phone doesn't turn on. Free Mogul baby!

Anyways, back to verizon.. My girls phone turned out to be OK, it was that 'out of the blue' her account somehow mysteriously altered itself. Something conveluted about multiple NAM addresses on the same number was causing the same text to be sent muliple times, and because one or more of the NAMs wasnt the phone's NAM, the server sent the message.. but never got the phone's "OK, I got the message" message. So the server sent it again, and again, and again, and again.... I don't know, maybe you can figure it out!

Thing is... after Verizon tech support figured this out... and fixed it 4-5 seperate times (Me calling) over the course of month.. they wouldn't credit me back the monies for the fraudulent texting.
I told the tech after much frustration...
"So, your sh*t f*cks up, you tell me its your f*uck up, and I still have to pay for it!?"

Her response?
"Sir, I will not tolerate the type of language."

Hell with it. CANCEL MY SERVICE!

Needless to say.. I now have Verizon FIOS (Fiber) service at my home. And although the service is phenominal.. the billing/customer service is attrocious. I have been double, sometimes *almost* tripple billed 4 months out of 12. Called and proved my point with bank statements via FAX... they say they will call me back in a couple of days to tell me what happened with my dispute, and Nothing.. no call back, no resolution of the issue, a never ending story.
I ended up going downtown the the Verizon Headquarters (Richmond, VA).. Just a small little 30 floor scyscaper with "Verizon" on the side of the building. And what did I find? Nothing. There is no where for a customer in that building. Unbeleivable.
I got lucky and met an old friend that now works with Verizon. It took his clout to fix my problem. It took a "Chance" happening.

I understand that Verizon Wireless and Verizon Telecom essentially operate as two seperate entities.. but LET ME TELL YOU.. they both use the same customer service, Sh*tty customer service.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint... wtf is this required?!

willpower101 is just getting started

I'll agree that verizon's voice service is better and clearer, but you should asses your needs. My needs were 100% mobile internet and tethering when on the road. This combined with the sero plan blew the price of that service at verizon out of the water. I think my last few bills showed around 500mb of data usage.

Oh, and the mogul has a center button as well, you just click the whole pad in. (take a minute to get used to and not accidentally hit a direction.)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan