PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 01:12 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No data connection

Username/password all that you leave BLANK and hit the remember box.
The dial up # is #777
Old 08-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mrmarbles is a n00b

Ok, just did that. It acted like it was trying to connect for a while, say 15 seconds, then did the same thing.

I recently moved to West Texas, middle of nowhere. Before, I lived in San Antonio, and had no problems at all. I was paying for EVDO, had a previeous version of DCD's rom, and never had a problem. When I got here, I wasn't able to connect at all, so the store suggested that I hard reset. So I did, and flashed to the new DCD rom. Do you think it has to do with my plan? I don't see why, but its possible.

Thanks for all the help thus far. I really want to get my internet up and running again.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:27 PM
The Pusher Man

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Um now I'm kinda lost.

When you go into you connections and manage existing connections lets start there.
First: delet any SPRINT PCS #777 you have.
Second: click new.
Third: Name it Sprint PCS modem is cell line. Click next
Fourth: Enter #777. Click next
Fith: My connection page leave blank. Finished

Now start your internet. A window will pop up asking for username/Password again leave it blank and just click ok. You dont need a username/password with sprint.

Sorry about the 123 but its easier for me to exsplain when I do it like that. Not implying anything about you.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mrmarbles is a n00b

Oh no offense taken. lol Just tried that, and its doing the same thing. I'm lost.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:30 PM
The Pusher Man

Can you run the IOTA? I dont think Dcd put it in his Roms but the carrier cab might have.
Try to launch your dial pad and go to "Menu - Options - Services Tab - Internet - Get Settings" then press start to initiate custom NAI. You should see it do a IOTA update.

If that dont work I'm all out of ideas sorry.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mrmarbles is a n00b

I hit start at the IOTA screen, it does start to do an IOTA update, but it gives me error code 1012. Data provisioning failure. Could not prepare vision services.

Looks like I need to do some more searching, or just hand my phone over to the guys at Sprint. Is there any reason that I wouldn't be able to connect because I have EVDO on my plan, and there is no EVDO coverage here in west texas?
Old 08-29-2008, 02:49 PM
The Pusher Man

Wait.....
Have we tried this?
First: Dial ##data#(##3282#)
Second Click view.
Third line down "User Name" should be your Sprint PCS email addy. EX: (MrMarbles@sprintpcs.com)
Is it?

Last edited by Lsme420; 08-29-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: MOGUL/6800
Carrier: sprint

evobe is a n00b

for a 1012, usually the easiest thing to do is put the username and password in manually.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6800 DCD 3.2.5

evanbriggs1 is a n00b

Read my solution for this issue in this post.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=1#post2539771

I keep hereing you have EVDO (Verizon) but your on sprint? isint that EDGE?

but anyway. it sounds like like you may need sprint to reset your data package,

or try installing the Carrier CAB again, sometimes it doesint take on the 1st install. if you run it again and it doesint ask you to replace the files. then that means it didnt install right the 1st place.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:01 PM
The Pusher Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by evobe View Post
for a 1012, usually the easiest thing to do is put the username and password in manually.
What user name password?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanbriggs1 View Post
I keep hereing you have EVDO (Verizon) but your on sprint? isint that EDGE?
Sprint says EV and 1x in roam. He has Sprint.

Last edited by Lsme420; 08-29-2008 at 03:05 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan