PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mogul With Contacts

Quote:

use care with this option (esp on Vista)
here is one instance where that erased them
I have been doing it that way for 2 years or longer. Had to do it on my Apache as well. I never had an issue with erasing them. I did decide to run PIM backup to put my contacts on my phone once, then I ran Active Sync and it duplicated all my contacts. That took about an hour to fix. I do keep a copy of my contacts on PIM bacup in case I am away from my PC and have to hard reset. I then hard reset again when i get home before I run Active Sync. I am running Outlokk 2002 lol. I don't use it to check email, I just use it to sync.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 08-02-2008, 08:22 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
I have been doing it that way for 2 years or longer. Had to do it on my Apache as well. I never had an issue with erasing them. I did decide to run PIM backup to put my contacts on my phone once, then I ran Active Sync and it duplicated all my contacts. That took about an hour to fix. I do keep a copy of my contacts on PIM bacup in case I am away from my PC and have to hard reset. I then hard reset again when i get home before I run Active Sync. I am running Outlokk 2002 lol. I don't use it to check email, I just use it to sync.
I have ran into the double contacts before....here is a program to help you in case it ever happens again....worked great for me.....it deletes the duplicates...

Last edited by flyers2114; 12-12-2008 at 09:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663

You could also go to mail2web.com, it'll allow you to set up a exchange server.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO (Diamond Pro)

lion75y is just getting started

Well i have another suggestion.. if you have a Hotmail account you can save all your contacts to it and then when you sing in with your hotmail account in your phone it will syncronize all you contacts and you dont have to worry about syncronizing to ur computer an all of that
Old 08-05-2008, 10:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Baby Jai is a n00b

I am using Outlook 2007, and its not syncing the contacts correctly and its wiping my speed dials
Old 08-05-2008, 11:09 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Jai View Post
I am using Outlook 2007, and its not syncing the contacts correctly and its wiping my speed dials

Try this first.......go into USB to PC settings in Connections and un-check or vice verse(try it both ways) the box that says Enable Advanced Network functionality.....then try and sync again.....if it does not work let me know and we can try a couple of other things.....

One other thing do you have WMDC installed.....it needs to be even if you have Outlook 2007.....

Here is a link if you need it......there are 2 English versions one for Vista 32bit and one for Vista 64bit....

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ce-center.mspx
Old 08-16-2009, 03:58 PM
proimageprints

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Yes, I have had experience with sync erasing contacts in both locations. I had added a single contact to my phone, and then when I sync'd with outlook, it erased everything except that one new contact.... Hooray for Backups!! I use Sprite and it works great!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan