PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 01:28 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Gps ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeckc View Post
Please check out my post with necessary files and instructions fpr Alltel 6800 GPS

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...90&postcount=5
The requested URL /showpost.p...90&postcount=5 was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:34 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev800x View Post
Don't mean to sound dumb here but.....
So I can use it as a stand alone gps unit with no external bluetooth gps unit? It is built in, correct? Meaning that it works of satellites and not cell towers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrap1 View Post
Yes sir.

hhhmmm I was always under the impression that it does work off of the cell towers. Learn something new everyday, no matter how much one already does know.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:40 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeckc View Post
Please check out my post with necessary files and instructions fpr Alltel 6800 GPS

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...90&postcount=5

Dead link bro....
Old 07-31-2008, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

BigRedGonzo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjohns3 View Post
I have the alltel 6800. what "security bypass" do i need to install in order for mine to connect? i am attempting to use google maps and it says "your device is unable to use the My Location (beta) feature" because it can't find my GPS...please help!!!
Here is the file that I used to get the GPS working on my Alltel 6800. Unzip it and copy the 4 files to your 6800 and run them in order 1 - 2 - 3 - 4. Its been a while but I believe you have to soft reset between them, but I can't remember. I do know that you have to have at least version 3.37 of the radio for it to work. There is a thread on here, somewhere, that goes into great detail on how to do this, but its really simple (assuming you have the correct radio version.)

Good Luck,
BigRedGonzo
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC_GPS_Enable_for_Titan_3[1].35.zip (75.4 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:35 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedGonzo View Post
Here is the file that I used to get the GPS working on my Alltel 6800. Unzip it and copy the 4 files to your 6800 and run them in order 1 - 2 - 3 - 4. Its been a while but I believe you have to soft reset between them, but I can't remember. I do know that you have to have at least version 3.37 of the radio for it to work. There is a thread on here, somewhere, that goes into great detail on how to do this, but its really simple (assuming you have the correct radio version.)

Good Luck,
BigRedGonzo
Wrong. There is a better cab for this somewhere. I'd have to search to find it. Ugh! (I'm not saying this doesn't work but there is an easier cab. If anything else I'll just upload it from my storage card.)
Old 07-31-2008, 02:42 PM
I see you have a PPC.

Found a post with the right cab: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...21&postcount=4

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan