PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul

michaeldever13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
help with htc mogul, please

i bought a htc mogul from a guy and its perfect except for one thing i cant use the phone because he still has it attached to a line that is suspended, so would i have to go through him to release the phone for me to use or is there something i can do myself, any suggestions or could i unlock it and use it for an other carrier, but how would i unlock it and for what carrier, thanks.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

thekafka is a n00b
Re: help with htc mogul, please

usually the esn has to be clear in order for the phone to be used. the carrier suspends the phone if there are charges attached to the line. until they clear it, you can't use it. usually when you buy a phone its a good idea to ask for the esn number so you can check to see if its clear. its whats done on auction sites all the time...i know that doesn't help you now, but your best option is to talk to the guy you bought it from to resolve the issue with his account.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

You may come out better getting your money back...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 07-12-2008, 10:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

without changing the esn on the phone, your buddy needs to get the esn released, maybee get him to call his carrier and see what can be done.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818

I'm not trying to scare you, but you may be screwed with a phone that cannot be activated. You should get on the horn with the seller ASAP and see what can be done.
* ROM and Radio combinations change regularly *

http://www.speedtest.net/result/562969487.png

Old 07-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

took me three tries on ebay to finally get a mogul. Reason? people keep pawning off phones with bad esn. Be extremely careful and ALWAYS ASK TO VERIFY ESN BEFORE PAYMENT. Never pay until you have verified the esn yourself no matter what the other party claims! Be nice and courteous but firm when asking seller for esn. Sellers really have no justification leaving you bad feedback because you don't pay because they refuse to provide you with esn or if you verify it as a bad esn so dont be afraid....

Might be too late and after the fact now. but .... ;(
Old 07-12-2008, 03:15 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldever13 View Post
i bought a htc mogul from a guy and its perfect except for one thing i cant use the phone because he still has it attached to a line that is suspended, so would i have to go through him to release the phone for me to use or is there something i can do myself, any suggestions or could i unlock it and use it for an other carrier, but how would i unlock it and for what carrier, thanks.
using the device on another carrier is a tedious task, generally it's best to buy the specific branded model, but alas there are ways to port your device from one carrier to another. more often then not, the process on the phone is completed but to no avail since the carrier in question usually must load the ESN/MEID (or whatever equip identifier they use) into their system as it prolly wasn't there by default. Besides changing the ESN on the device, your only other option (and prolly your best option) is to contact the seller to clear the ESN.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

i would not be surprised if the seller won't respond. he probably was glad to get rid of his phone with bad esn or get rid of a phone on an account which he owes money on and don't want to pay and want to make off some money on the phone..... ;(
Old 07-13-2008, 02:54 AM
DDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

The best way to do this is if your buddy is not more then 30 days past due is a esn swap to a dummy esn, PM me and I'll find you one. Past that, transferring a esn to a different carrier is a massive and utterly impossible if the esn is still attached to another account. If he can't pay off his bill give the phone back.

If you EVER buy a phone on eBay always make sure to get an esn and call Sprint to verify.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800

tasti26 is a n00b

are you from maryland. there is nothing you can do with that phone bu find him so he or she can pay the bill. he should have never sold the fone on an account

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan