PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 09:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone Dock

UTStarcom Dual Port Cradle - CRU6800C Car & Home Charger Cell Phone Accessory

http://www6.letstalk.com/product/product.htm?prId=34162

I found this on HTC's online store. It is only $22.94 shipped (you will need your own charger and/or USB cable).
I was thinking about getting this so I have more than just a USB cable for my carPC.
What I need to know is how sturdy the phone is when it is in the cradle, so if you have one:
Does it get jostled easily? If it gets bumped, how easily do you think the phone would fall out?
If anybody has any other recomendations for a rock solid dock, I'd love to hear them.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

cleblanc92 is a n00b
Re: Phone Dock

I have something exactly like this for my 6700....it's supported well enough and I have has no issues in 1.5 years of docking. My boss just picked up a 6800 so based on your post I've just ordered this for him.

thanks much!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

georgeckc is just getting started

Isn't it the same dock that came with the phone (At least it came with my Alltel 6800)??
I think the dock hold pretty good. However I have never tried to use it in car. The reason is it can't slide out the keyboard while docking in.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I would be leary about using that in a car. Don't they make cradles for cars that having charging cords builtin?
Old 07-09-2008, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint PCS

threeFiftyLi is becoming a great contributor

Does the dock require you to use both the usb cable and the power cable to charge both the extra battery and the phone? can you just use the power cable to charge both?
Old 07-09-2008, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I would be leary about using that in a car. Don't they make cradles for cars that having charging cords builtin?
The cradles they make all seem to be more for mounting and charging the phone. My phone is integrated into my carPC so I need the data connection and I'd like it to be out of the way. There is good location in front of the shifter (under the environmental controls) that seems to be there just for tossing change and such. I'm gonna integrate a dock there so I can just plug my phone right in, rather than fumble with a cord. It feels more OEM that way.
Anyhow, I know that the dock wasn't made for a car, but if its passable I think I will use it. I'm not offroading or anything. Plus its an OEM accessory (which im a sucker for, not a good idea), and not too expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeckc View Post
Isn't it the same dock that came with the phone (At least it came with my Alltel 6800)??
I think the dock hold pretty good. However I have never tried to use it in car. The reason is it can't slide out the keyboard while docking in.
It might be, I dunno. I didn't get one through Sprint. I did get an awesome screen protector I replaced weeks later, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstick89 View Post
Does the dock require you to use both the usb cable and the power cable to charge both the extra battery and the phone? can you just use the power cable to charge both?
You know, I don't know. Maybe georgeckc can answer that. My guess is no, because USB slots from a PC only carry 500 mA, which probably isn't enough juice to charge both your phone and the extra battery.

Last edited by qbunnie; 07-09-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

georgeckc is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstick89 View Post
I don't use it much as sync since I use bluetooth wireless sync. If I m not mistaking, there are two usb port at the back. One for connecting to wall charger which will both charge the phone and extra battery. And the other port is for connect to PC for sync.

Please someone correct me if I m wrong. BTW, my cradle will fit with extended battery. And I think you can get it at eBay much cheaper like $10 or so.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor

Seidio makes an excellent car dock for the 6800. Has built in speaker also which makes it perfect for gps with turn by turn voice. I used to use it with my mogul and highly recommend it. Their online store is down but read this page on their corporate site. They have a couple different models and the mount holds a mogul with ANY seidio extended battery or case, AND it rotates to open the keyboard.

http://www.seidio.com/car_kits.html

If I remember they retail for $119. I would be willing to sell mine if anyone is interested.

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com
Old 07-10-2008, 01:12 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

[quote=georgeckc;341286]Isn't it the same dock that came with the phone (At least it came with my Alltel 6800)??

unfortunately no, the accessories that are in the box are chosen by the carrier and sprint opted out and didn't include one
Old 07-11-2008, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmobilelawyer View Post
Seidio makes an excellent car dock for the 6800. Has built in speaker also which makes it perfect for gps with turn by turn voice. I used to use it with my mogul and highly recommend it. Their online store is down but read this page on their corporate site. They have a couple different models and the mount holds a mogul with ANY seidio extended battery or case, AND it rotates to open the keyboard.

http://www.seidio.com/car_kits.html

If I remember they retail for $119. I would be willing to sell mine if anyone is interested.
Thanks, that seems like a good looking dock. I won't be using it because it is a bit steep in price and I don't need to open my keyboard or need the speaker, but I think it may be what a lot of people want for a Titan dock in a car.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan