PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 04:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Vogue
Carrier: Alltel

bimerguy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can I use a Sprint ROM for TelNav on my Alltel PPC6800 with unlimited Data plan?

I have an Alltel PPC6800 with an unlimited data plan and the internal GPS but Alltel does not include the TeleNav with their unlimited Data Plan and I expect the right Sprint ROM would allow me to use the TeleNav but I am not familiar with these customized ROM for these HTC devices.

Can someone help me with this, please?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent
Re: Can I use a Sprint ROM for TelNav on my Alltel PPC6800 with unlimited Data plan?

You could probably install it via cab file, but the problem is that when you connect, Telenav checks on your 'account status' before its operational. (i.e... verifying that you have a GPS plan with sprint.) Unless Alltel offered the exact same service, with the exact same program (which it appears they do not) then even if you get it installed it would not be operational.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Vogue
Threadstarter

bimerguy is a n00b
Re: Can I use a Sprint ROM for TelNav on my Alltel PPC6800 with unlimited Data plan?

That's what I thought but the intenal GPS was able to be enabled so I thought this might also be a possibility.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimerguy View Post
That's what I thought but the intenal GPS was able to be enabled so I thought this might also be a possibility.
well it runs 10 bucks a monthy through sprint so why dont you just go to the telenav website which is the exact same thing as sprints and actually runs the gps program for sprint and just pay 10 bucks a month through them?
Old 07-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent

If you're really wanting to use Telenav, yes this would work. But as far as the functionality of your GPS, it is independant of the GPS software. You dont' have to use Sprint's program. Your GPS should work with just about any navigation software.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Why pay to use Telenav when there are several other options you could pay for that would work far better, like Garmin Mobile XT? Better yet, use Google Maps, Windows Live Search, or get paid by using Navizon?

I was a member back when Wideawake was just Awake...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan