PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

manthony6567 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Air_Scanner_Antivirus_for_PPC

den do wut i did go to best buy and buy 1 and stop being cheap duhh lol but really it happened to me i just calmly drove to best buy popped the sucker in and did my magic lolsz
Old 06-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

chevyforlife is keeping up the good workchevyforlife is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to chevyforlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by manthony6567 View Post
den do wut i did go to best buy and buy 1 and stop being cheap duhh lol but really it happened to me i just calmly drove to best buy popped the sucker in and did my magic lolsz
thats not a very smart choice for me the closest best buy is about 185 miles from where i live. not tryin to be a samarta** but you get the picture. and i would just drive to walmart which is about 8.5 miles from my house. lol
Radio: 3.42.50
Old 06-30-2008, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

manthony6567 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyforlife View Post
thats not a very smart choice for me the closest best buy is about 185 miles from where i live. not tryin to be a samarta** but you get the picture. and i would just drive to walmart which is about 8.5 miles from my house. lol
lmfaooo brooo were da hell do u live man lolsz ur like away 4rm civilization or something or you just own a mansion that big lolsz
Old 06-30-2008, 11:31 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

The PPC has really taken off lately, so have applications. I forsee an explosion of little virii popping up here and there very soon. Probably starting out where someone has hooked into an executable inside a .cab, and doing fun stuff, or erasing your memory card, and even worst doing it's thing at random so it won't be noticed at instalation!.

True you can restore a backup, but the cab you installed yesterday, installed a virus. The virus was triggered to run at a random 15+ hours from install. It first corrupted your storage card so you can't restore on the spot. And if you miss that phone call from "Chow Ling" in ten minutes to purchase millions of dollars of merchandise....You might as well have called him "Stinky fish face" cause your boss will curse you while he is firing you, you wife will ask you how you missed that $10,000 commission check because you didn't have a virus scanner....I've got plenty of speed and memory, I'm thinking about buying airscanner.

Coming soon to a PPC near you! (Just my thoughts....)

Old 07-01-2008, 12:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
you nailed it limewire but the songs cant contain viruses it would have to be corrupt or in a zip...right
Yes the file could be a virus or the song itself could have a some data attached that is malicious code or even better it could be t-locked into an mp3 like they do with photo's and such. If you use filesharing you pretty much are pulling you pant down and bending over just waitin for someone to take a plunge.

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 07-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

chevyforlife is keeping up the good workchevyforlife is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to chevyforlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by manthony6567 View Post
lmfaooo brooo were da hell do u live man lolsz ur like away 4rm civilization or something or you just own a mansion that big lolsz
go to google and in the maps put scottsbluff nebraska. and youll see where im at. we have about 14,547 ppl or sumtin like that. and with the booming of ppc's its just a matter of time.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

manthony6567 is a n00b

bro its a small place lloll but kool lolsz
Old 07-02-2008, 05:39 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

didn't check here in a while i do have a mem card reader on 2 of my 3 computers and i did end up reformatting it with an old version of resco, then i lost it shortly after also when i reformatted it it lost memory like 500mbs

Old 07-02-2008, 05:41 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
Yes the file could be a virus or the song itself could have a some data attached that is malicious code or even better it could be t-locked into an mp3 like they do with photo's and such. If you use filesharing you pretty much are pulling you pant down and bending over just waitin for someone to take a plunge.
i am n ot sure if this means anything but the song played fine on my computer
Old 07-03-2008, 10:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Verizon

snake0721 is a n00b

Well, although I understand the reasoning of an antivirus application on my phone, I just can't see myself giving up precious RAM to run it when I would just hard reset my phone if I got a virus.

I would probably wait for a more ram/processing friendly phone before I invested in antivirus software, it just isn't that much of a threat atm.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan