PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Not downloading emails from exchange but connecting

There are no settings within Outlook that, by default, should ever affect an ActiveSync connection via mobile. The connection from the mobile device is to the Exchange server itself and not via the desktop. The desktop is only synced when you plug in via USB.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hockeynut is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Seems like it is just sending items that I have read (in Outlook or OWA) now and they are coming immediately after I read them, so the connection I know is good.

Looks like my last resort is a hard reset again. Luckily, I didn't reinstall too many apps.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hockeynut is a n00b

I did a hard reset and setup the exchange server again but new messages do not come to the phone. As soon as I read the message in OWA (or Outlook) it gets delivered to my phone. This started with the new ROM (3.35) but do you think it could be an exchange issue?
Old 06-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeynut View Post
I did a hard reset and setup the exchange server again but new messages do not come to the phone. As soon as I read the message in OWA (or Outlook) it gets delivered to my phone. This started with the new ROM (3.35) but do you think it could be an exchange issue?
I think some quirky rule or setting got sent to the exchange server, I know there is a setting in your outlook that actually forwards preferences to exchange, unfortunately my current job uses lotus notes so I cannot poke around and find the setting for you. ask your exchange admin, he should know, that is unless your not supposed to have that access and you just got around it.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hockeynut is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
I think some quirky rule or setting got sent to the exchange server, I know there is a setting in your outlook that actually forwards preferences to exchange, unfortunately my current job uses lotus notes so I cannot poke around and find the setting for you. ask your exchange admin, he should know, that is unless your not supposed to have that access and you just got around it.
I think you might be right. Now when I open MS Outlook and hit send/receive on the phone, new, unread messages get delivered. Seems like I'm getting closer now. I'm going to look at some outlook settings.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I am the Exchange Admin for my company. Well actually, I am the only IT person here, but you get the point.

Anyway, I would heavily recommend that any changes that you make in Outllok or on your phone, take a few extra moments and write them down. That way you can put the settings back the way they were after you are done with trial and error.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:31 AM
Lurker

dukill is a n00b

Has anyone found a solution to this? This is happening to me and driving me nuts. It syncs calander and contacts fine with exchange but no emails what so ever. HELP!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Lurker

sytanek is a n00b

This happened to me yesterday, only thing that fixed it was reflashing rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan