PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dissemble XV6800

Quote:
Originally Posted by c@rL0$ View Post
Just know that doing this will void your warranty. Especially if those stickers that are used to cover the screws are removed. But for a 300 plus device I rather just get a new one via my phone insurance.
Yes, I'm aware of that fact, thats why I am going to do it on the refurb that I have sitting in my room. The warrenty was already voided when Verizon took it apart, so I might as well play with it before I send it back.

Only thing holding me back is that I might want that warrenty someday. I've never hesitated to break a warrenty on any of my phones, but then again I've never had so many physical problems on a phone before (Stuck and dead pixels and a shot earpiece), so I'm not sure.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800

c@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to c@rL0$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulanowski View Post
Yes, I'm aware of that fact, thats why I am going to do it on the refurb that I have sitting in my room. The warrenty was already voided when Verizon took it apart, so I might as well play with it before I send it back.

Only thing holding me back is that I might want that warrenty someday. I've never hesitated to break a warrenty on any of my phones, but then again I've never had so many physical problems on a phone before (Stuck and dead pixels and a shot earpiece), so I'm not sure.
You could always sell the spare phone you have on ebay and then use the cash to buy a new one or to save some cash for a newer refurbished one in case the one you usually use breaks.

If you like my work feel free to buy me a drink or some wings LOL
Using my New HTC Touch Pro Theme (25 MB at startup)

Old 06-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by c@rL0$ View Post
You could always sell the spare phone you have on ebay and then use the cash to buy a new one or to save some cash for a newer refurbished one in case the one you usually use breaks.
I have to send it back within 10 days of receipt otherwise I'm charged the full retail price ($620?) of a new XV6800.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800

c@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to c@rL0$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulanowski View Post
I have to send it back within 10 days of receipt otherwise I'm charged the full retail price ($620?) of a new XV6800.

That sucks. I thought you managed to get an extra phone but with no strings attached.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Success!

I took both of the phones apart and swapped the earpieces and the crackle is now gone. Tada!

The process of taking it apart takes 10-15 minutes, its not too hard, actually not far off from an E815. Be careful when prying apart the front and back faceplate's though. Here's a few pictures that I took.

Last edited by Gulanowski; 06-20-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

While youre at it, check the vibrate motor too. Sometimes I find not all are the same strength. Pick the stronger one. And check the screen. Some have that purplish hue and are a little bit harder to read under the sun when you have shades on.

I've take my Mogul apart plenty of times to fix a few things since I hate taking it to Sprint store. My front up button didn't work one time and Sprint replaced the whole front. Ended up with the purplish screen. Went back to have them swap it back. Fixed the button myself.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan