PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Capt. Fukov is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mogul and Yahoo mail, Skype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Fukov View Post
thanks for the help guys, Im giving slick a shot, we will see how it goes, not sure how to slap a picture on it though, am I missing something?
DOH I figured it out (pics)...awesome!...slick works good so far...imed my wife for 2 hours with it, it dropped a couple of times but not sure if its network or program
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan / Mogul
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

RiftReaper is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
I've gotten skype to work with wm6.1. check out the 2.2.0.18 version from this site: http://smarthacks.com/2007/06/26/wor...-trinity-p3600. I couldn't figure out how to get skype to work with Fring. Another IM program is webmessenger that supports yahoo, aim, etc., and is supposed to work with skype, but you have to download something from webmessenger to your desktop as well.

Doesnt work with DCD 3.2.6 Rom running WM6.1. Skype 2.2.0.18 Installs, but will not open......

when you try to open skype, it stalls for several minutes then a box pops up that says "skype could not start"

Fring is only one better then the newest version of skype of mobile. Unlike skype, fring's audio works, so you can hear people talking to you... BUT, both skype and fring share the problem of you not being able to talk to people on the other side (mic issue) ...

This is my first experience with skype and I am very disappointed by what i'm experiencing. Was thinkin about getting a subsription with skype, but not anymore. anyone know any other VOIP service that is fully compatible for XV6800.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2008, 11:57 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Skype works with WM6. :\

You could buy Skype->Phone credit and have it so she can call you and you call her Skype number for now until they fix it.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

i'm guesing you want free apps so i'd go with slick or palringo. they are great for sending pics

Old 09-14-2008, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

RiftReaper is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyBear View Post
i'm guesing you want free apps so i'd go with slick or palringo. they are great for sending pics
I was looking for more a VOIP option...anyone try gizmo5?
Old 09-15-2008, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

RiftReaper is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Skype works with WM6. :\

You could buy Skype->Phone credit and have it so she can call you and you call her Skype number for now until they fix it.

Skype installs on a WM6.1 phone, but at least for the mogul/titan and a few other smart phones, there is a huge problem with the audio codec skype uses. You are unable to hear people talk and they are unable to hear you talk.

Fring solves half of that problem by letting you hear people talk to you , but they cant hear you talk to them.

I Guess skoot solves the entire problem, but I dont want to have to use my cell phone minutes when the whole point of me using VOIP over wifi is to avoid using my minutes to make a call.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

RiftReaper is a n00b

So does anyone know an alternative to skype VOIP that works?
Old 12-11-2008, 07:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

RiftReaper is a n00b

Skype just release Skype for Windows Mobile 2.5 beta, and the audio now works again in WM6.1 and the mogul/titan! yay!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan