PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Opera Mobile versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf View Post
So far Opera 9.5 isnt that great. I installed it on my Mogul and when I slide out my keyboard and try to type entries in, it just goes into full screen mode after I type one or two letters. I cant play videos from gamespot like I can with skyfire....so to me doesnt beat skyfire yet.
it beats skyfire in ONE way....

EVERYONE CAN USE OPERA RIGHT NOW!!!

i've been waiting since the end of february for my skyfire invite... nothin yet i have given up on it for now
Old 07-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3

same here...im so annoyed at waiting for over 5 months when they had all this hype about signing up for the skyfire beta that i gave up and dont care anymore. opera 9.5 will be released soon and hopefully will have everything else and make me happy.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post
same here...im so annoyed at waiting for over 5 months when they had all this hype about signing up for the skyfire beta that i gave up and dont care anymore. opera 9.5 will be released soon and hopefully will have everything else and make me happy.
july 15th opera is releasing their OFFICIAL BETA on their site for testing.. i'm hoping for FULL FLASH SUPPORT(which has been the claim) and that would end up OWNING skyfire...
Old 07-02-2008, 08:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

d-kahn is becoming a great contributor

I use the opera mobile 9.5 diamond build. it is pretty fast and I can basically visit any site just like on my pc. the only thing that it is missing is youtube and such. I use pocket explorer for that though.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

quiqnezz is keeping up the good workquiqnezz is keeping up the good work

So is 9.5 worth upgrading from 8.65? Is it THAT much better then 8.65? Seems like alot of people are having issues with small bugs. As of right now 8.65 seems to be working pretty well for me. What are some of the main differences between the too that would make me want to upgrade?

Can you have both versions installed on your PPC or does it overwrite the old one?
Old 07-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiqnezz View Post
So is 9.5 worth upgrading from 8.65? Is it THAT much better then 8.65? Seems like alot of people are having issues with small bugs. As of right now 8.65 seems to be working pretty well for me. What are some of the main differences between the too that would make me want to upgrade?

Can you have both versions installed on your PPC or does it overwrite the old one?
i've had both versions at once, not sure if it was suppose to do that, but i recommend trying 9.5 when opera releases their official beta on there site on july 15th supposedly... i think it smashes 8.65... i never liked that version for some reason.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post
You aren't missing much. It's the most sluggish and annoying thing I have ever used.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Sprint Touch

mvpilot172 is a n00b

Skyfire is WAY overhyped, it is slower than opera mob9.5. Opera is a real browser on our phones, when flash is supported it will be no comparison.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:59 PM
N00b

haroonie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
You aren't missing much. It's the most sluggish and annoying thing I have ever used.
i think skyfire and mobile 9.5 are sluggish. could it be mogul related / lack of ram? I stick with opera mini, mobile 9.5, skyfire then pie. in that order.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jrbaker748 is a n00b

I am using Opera Mini 4.1 on my Mogul and I every version I have used of mini I end up with the same problemms of it just being slow and crashing frequently. Opera Mobile is much beter in this aspect but I guess I don't want to shell out money for a license. I also like the layout and functionality of 4.1 better when it is working right. Does anyone else have these same problems with Mini 4.1? Any fixes?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan