PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how to disable threaded sms in wm 6.1

ive tried a couple 6.1 roms and seem to keep having the little problem where when my text goes down to the second line it is not shown on the screen. this only happens when there are enough previous texts that the scroll bar shows up on the right side of the screen. its a little bug, but its very annoying not being able to read anything i type past the first line. so i disabled the threaded sms. its from xda, im just bringing it here.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Setting s]
"SMSAvailable"=dword:1

Change from 1 to 0 and you'll have the wm 6.0 SMS
Old 06-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff
Re: how to disable threaded sms in wm 6.1

um mods this should actually be in a dif forum....my bad. ill let which forum be your call though
Old 06-12-2008, 10:05 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
ive tried a couple 6.1 roms and seem to keep having the little problem where when my text goes down to the second line it is not shown on the screen. this only happens when there are enough previous texts that the scroll bar shows up on the right side of the screen. its a little bug, but its very annoying not being able to read anything i type past the first line. so i disabled the threaded sms. its from xda, im just bringing it here.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Setting s]
"SMSAvailable"=dword:1

Change from 1 to 0 and you'll have the wm 6.0 SMS
I haven't had that since my apache/mogul days...I'm pretty sure it is a side effect of the hack to navigate in PIE with the d-pad. Try that then see if you can re-enable the threaded sms thang...

Edit: I think this is the one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe
Page-Scrolling in PIE
Change PIE Scrolling from TABBING to normal PAGE DOWN/PAGE UP.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Navigation\4-Way Nav
Change Value from 1 to 0

Last edited by rstoyguy; 06-12-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

I looked into this as well a few days about because I absolutely hated my text messages showing up as convo's, very confusing. While the registry edit does indeed fix the convo view/threaded sms issue, it also prevents you from receiving a notification when you receive a text message, at least it did for me and several others. The link below however will install a small program that fixes the threaded sms while disturbing nothing else on the phone...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=31
Old 06-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Attached for those that do not have an XDA account...
Attached Files
File Type: zip fisha21 Disable Threaded SMS.zip (839 Bytes, 49 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I'm pretty sure it is a side effect of the hack to navigate in PIE with the d-pad. Try that then see if you can re-enable the threaded sms thang...
youre right- disabling that 4way dpad nav fixed that problem i was having before with threaded sms
Old 06-12-2008, 01:01 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
youre right- disabling that 4way dpad nav fixed that problem i was having before with threaded sms
I think windows uses the same shell program for PIE and messaging, and if you have set to page, it will do the equilivent of 1 page down when you opening messaging if the message/threaded messages is long enough...I was fed up at the time and that tipped me over to purchasing the vogue...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan