PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   keyboard problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28838)

the evil i 06-09-2008 02:07 PM

keyboard problem

over the past few weeks ive noticed a decrease of functionality with the keyboard on the mogul. the r,t,y,u, and i button frequently dont work and i have to press numerous times, vigorously to get it to work. what can i do to fix this

the evil i 06-09-2008 05:11 PM

Re: keyboard problem

anybody have any ideas?

rstoyguy 06-09-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the evil i (Post 309463)
over the past few weeks ive noticed a decrease of functionality with the keyboard on the mogul. the r,t,y,u, and i button frequently dont work and i have to press numerous times, vigorously to get it to work. what can i do to fix this

All on the same row...Sound like a hardware problem. Sign up for insurance, QUICK!

Gulanowski 06-09-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the evil i (Post 309463)

When I used to use the E815, I had a whole collection of them that I'd use for parts and as back up phones. Occasionally, a hair would slide underneath the inner part of the keyboard when I took it out and prevent the key's from functioning properly. I've never taken apart the XV6800 (and don't intend to unless I must), but since all the keys you mentioned are in the same area and in a straight path, its quite possible that a hair got under there.

starbury1974 06-09-2008 06:43 PM

I have the same problem..that top row either doesnt register when pushed or registers multiple times. Looking for suggestions on how to solve...

esqueue 06-09-2008 09:23 PM

My blue dot button stopped working. Just bought a used keyboard for $20 to remedy that.

KuRuPtIoN 06-11-2008 11:36 PM

There was a cab file there to make that problem go away. It was suppose to be on the HTC website if I remember right. Try looking in the upgrades section and just look up "keyboard" it should pop up under there.

nick aguas 06-12-2008 12:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
try this. it should fix the multiple key presses.

Mr Crunk 06-17-2008 10:21 PM

Thanks...I was having the same problem for quite a while.

Hayabusa1300cc 06-18-2008 12:48 AM

Wow recently my keyboard has been messing up. Looks like I type like a 4 year old lol. double and triple letters, non responsive keys. Now with this fix, keyboard is fine. Thanks alot!