PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   keyboard problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28838)

Ceez 08-14-2008 09:53 PM

Re: keyboard problem

I'm not sure if this is related but I'm hoping somone can help. Yesterday my Mogul started randomly scrolling down on whatever screen i go into. I called sprint and all the told me was to update the rom but the problem still occurs even after flashing the rom tot he newest one on the sprint site. I haven't dropped my phone or anyhting nor areso I don't know why this started to rendomly occur after having the phone for 5 months with not problems. Please help. I've been searching everytwhere for a solution to no avail.

denness544 08-14-2008 11:23 PM

I've been so frustrated with this phone ever since my keys starting acting up. The period and the blue dot happens almost all the time. My top row is pretty bad. Hope that fix someone posted will help.

Snow 08-16-2008 12:44 PM

LOL this issue has gotten me a new 6800 via insurance and the 150 upgrade credit added to my account through sprint.

If only Cell carriers embraced using places like this and the freelance stuff think of all the money they could save.

Thanks PPC Geeks :)

tridge 08-16-2008 04:52 PM

I am having the same issues with my bottom row, sometimes I have to hit the space bar like 7 times for it to register and when it does it may send 2 or 3 spaces to my text. Very strange, happens with the other keys on the bottom two rows in the left hand corner.

I'm leary about a download fixing this, sounds more like a hardware issue to me? How does this keyboard fix work?

Snow 08-16-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tridge (Post 384641)
I am having the same issues with my bottom row, sometimes I have to hit the space bar like 7 times for it to register and when it does it may send 2 or 3 spaces to my text. Very strange, happens with the other keys on the bottom two rows in the left hand corner.

I'm leary about a download fixing this, sounds more like a hardware issue to me? How does this keyboard fix work?

Tridge,

I thought the same thing hence why I called sprint and had them send me a new phone but then when I started using this new phone and got the same issues I assumed hardware again.

Then I found this thread and tried it....VOILA it works like a champ give it a shot I promise you will not be disappointed.

tridge 08-16-2008 07:44 PM

I installed the fix and it seems to have increased the response time a little...I will need more testing, but for sure it has NOT fixed the space bar issue, still does not type correctly.

KAOSWOLF 08-16-2008 07:52 PM

Will this work with the keyboard lights as well? Sometimes mine works.. sometimes it doesn't.. usually I slide out the keyboard and it comes on and turns off not even a full second... any thoughts?

cairne 08-18-2008 02:52 PM

How do you install the fix :(

MrBogard 08-19-2008 04:28 AM

Wow. I thought my mogul was screwed. Thank you PPC Geeks! Can anyone tell me what is actually in this fix? I'd love to know how you just magically fixed what I had assumed was a hardware issue. I was about ready to run screaming into a Sprint store demanding a new unit. I still have a white spot on my screen, so I might still do that, but I'm in far less of a hurry to get it fixed/refurbished/replaced now. Thanks so much!

unix.dude 09-07-2008 12:29 PM

Thank you so much for posting this fix. I thought I was going nuts after updating my Sprint Mogul to WM 6.1. Now my slide-out keyboard is back to normal. Thanks again!!!