PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 11:45 AM
N00b

storx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WiFI help plz...

I have installed countless builds on my phone thinking maybe i had a bad build.. then i went back to the stock alltel rom and it still not allowing me to connect to WiFi. I can reset my phone then when it boots up it will detect the 2 wireless routers i have in my house. when i go to connect to them it attempts then fails and then that router is no longer available. I dont have internet problems with any other device but this phone.. i have an old PDA Ipaq and it connects to both routers without a problem and surfs the internet... but i cant this one to connect. can someone help me on this plz
Old 06-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Re: WiFI help plz...

try turning down the power saving in start->settings->wireless lan->power mode...
Old 06-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul 6800

tomsoroka is a n00b

I have this exact same problem as the user stated above. (I just tried turning down the power setting, bur unfortunately it did not resolve the issue.) I've tried all the obvious things (delete the network profile, soft reset, turn off or on the phone in comm mgr, etc). One thing I do notice is that if I switch the wi-fi off and then on again, the left green light does not come back on. It actually only comes on if I soft-reset or shut the phone completely down and restart it.

My symptoms are the same as the user above stated. The network will (sometimes) appear, and say that it is "available" but when you connect, it says "unavailable".

(The router is working perfectly and all other devices attach to it just fine.)

Any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated.

Tom
Old 06-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

peepeesea is keeping up the good workpeepeesea is keeping up the good work

i too have this issue and i have a thread about it somewhere...

two things i have noticed, the first one is a new revelation...
-first, i traveled to Mexico recently and i was able to connect to wifi in 4 different airports and my hotel room with no problems
-second, i can not connect to my wireless at home no matter how i configure my router. encryption on, or off. different channels, B or G or Mixed.. nothing works, even though every other wireless device i have connects just fine including my 6700. plus this is a brand new router (wrt100 linsys) which replaced my wrt54g linsys which i could NOT connect to as well, which is why i replaced it in the first place. that was a waste of money. i wonder if it linksys router in particular that the mogul has issues with???

also i can connect to wireless at my work only after a soft reset, then if i turn the wifi off then back on it will not connect again until i soft reset OR (and this is the weirdest part) i receive a text message.

i have tried stock ROM and several cooked ROMs all with the same problem. adjusting the power settings does nothing for this issue BTW.

i am hoping the new radio version will affect this in some way but we'll have to wait and see...
Old 06-01-2008, 09:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

storx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by peepeesea View Post
i too have this issue and i have a thread about it somewhere...

two things i have noticed, the first one is a new revelation...
-first, i traveled to Mexico recently and i was able to connect to wifi in 4 different airports and my hotel room with no problems
-second, i can not connect to my wireless at home no matter how i configure my router. encryption on, or off. different channels, B or G or Mixed.. nothing works, even though every other wireless device i have connects just fine including my 6700. plus this is a brand new router (wrt100 linsys) which replaced my wrt54g linsys which i could NOT connect to as well, which is why i replaced it in the first place. that was a waste of money. i wonder if it linksys router in particular that the mogul has issues with???

also i can connect to wireless at my work only after a soft reset, then if i turn the wifi off then back on it will not connect again until i soft reset OR (and this is the weirdest part) i receive a text message.

i have tried stock ROM and several cooked ROMs all with the same problem. adjusting the power settings does nothing for this issue BTW.

i am hoping the new radio version will affect this in some way but we'll have to wait and see...

I just installed the new ROM and it still is doing the same thing
Old 06-01-2008, 09:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

storx is a n00b

how do you change the power settings on Wifi?
Old 06-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul 6800

tomsoroka is a n00b

Settings - Connections - Wireless LAN - Power Mode
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:48 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

storx is a n00b

has anyone had any luck on troubleshooting this?
Old 06-02-2008, 08:16 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

storx is a n00b

ok.. so i go to the alltel store and i sit there for like an hour waiting.. and i tell the guy my phone is not work on wifi so i can get another one and he looks at it go to wifi and connects to there wifi in there store.. im.. like wtf.. so i disabled the phone so i could test the internet and it worked.. what gives.. cause i get home and try it on my own 2 routers and it doesnt work.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

peepeesea is keeping up the good workpeepeesea is keeping up the good work

i think its an incompatibility with the routers or hopefully its just a simple setting but i just don't know enough about routers to know what to change. i know enough to adjust encryption settings and weather its B or G or mixed. but things in the Advanced settings are beyond me... maybe some one out there has some suggestions...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan