PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 04:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

AlaskanGeek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question ACS carrier problems in PPCKitchen, Help Please.

For those who know how to modify the PPCKitchen here is what I got....

I was told to post here for ideas... Thanks

Re: ACS ROM settings in PPCkitchen
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanGeek
Hey ImCokeMan,

Thanks for all you efforts I this.

I have some questions.

In the PPCkitchen, it does not have ACS as a carrier in the No2Chem 5060 build. (I am using that one currently, because of the good reviews.)

But in the No2Chem 5067, it listes ACS as a carrier, I flashed that custom ROM and I could not get the data connection to work. I could get the phone part to work, by doing *228, but I could not get the ESPT file to open. It would act like it would open and the just close right away and go back to the dial pad. (This is after dialing ##000000 or ##77.

Also, with the ACS settings in the 5067 build, it says CellSouth as the carrier.

If these minor issues are not big deal to you then....I was just wanting you to know about the minor 'bugs'.

One more thing, I read your useful sticky post about no down reving your phone after a GPS radio install.
Since the stock ACS ROM is 2.17, I can not go back to it, right?

Thanks again.

you're right about the downgrading at least at this time i don't recommend it. There might be new developments in that area though.

As for the customizations, you might want to stop in the ppckitchen.org irc chat, or even the ppcgeeks chat. Mention the carrier customizations for ACS and someone should be around to take a closer look with some details. Sometimes carrier customizations can be tricky when you don't have that carrier to know what it should be.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan