PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Right Or Wrong
Its ok since your helping someone 21 65.63%
Its wrong because its not your work 4 12.50%
Its Kinda 50/50 7 21.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Need peoples feedback......

I'd take the money. I'd also donate a bit to PPCGeeks or the Kitchen. You are doing a service for them. Its like techs installing Windows XP on a computer. They didn't design the software, but you pay them for the service. They compensate MS by buying the software they install.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

ryanbg is just getting started

You are also helping expose the wonders of communities and chefs like we have! People always offer to pay me for anything I do computer related but I feel like I shouldn't but I wouldn't mind being reimbursed a little for the time and effort.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:29 PM
gmplr831

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Smile Re: I Need peoples feedback......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yearziro View Post
Alright please go easy with the flaming......

So i got a mogul a couple weeks ago and i read most of the tutorials here and i was able to add roms and tweak out my phone so when i went to work i set my phone down and my co-worker picked up the phone and saw the Customized ROM i had on it and asked how i did it.

so i told them and of course it was like speaking russian to someone who can barely understand english i saw he eyes start to gloss over and the smoke coming out of his ears well to make an already long story short i put the rom on the phone for him rather then have him brick his phone or have to walk him through it on the phone so now a couple other people

Well now like 5 people i know want me to put **** on there phones and are willing to pay i know this could be immoral in some eyes but in others its just a couple bucks like 10 or 20 for the time spent putting the roms on the phone and explaining everything to them so is this right or wrong
Im going to agree with the others. Dont charge for the ROM, but for customizations, and donate some to those who make the ROMS!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My thoughts on it...

They're not paying you for the software on the phone... They can easily enough come here and do everything themselves. What they're paying you for is the time you spend setting up their phones, and customizing everything for them. Charge as much as you want for it, and keep the profits for yourself. They created the software of their own free will. You shouldn't have to pay them after the fact.

If you choose to donate some of the money to the authors, that's your choice, but don't feel pressured to do so.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Threadstarter

Yearziro is a n00b

I Just want to say thanks to Nexvision for his approval to go ahead and set some people up with his iphone ROM and make a lil money for my time i will definitely be sending some donations his way and this sites way for the knowledge i have gained from all the people who have got it right and wrong

Last edited by Yearziro; 05-21-2008 at 01:14 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

think about it this way, whenever someone goes into a repair shop or a custom shop, they pay to get something done because they can't do it themselves, but they could learn on their own but choose to pay for someone else to do it for em, same situation. you have to realize that you are doin them a service and at the same time if something were to ever go wrong (bricking their phone) YOU would be responsible for it. so i think its not wrong to take the cash, but please don't claim the rom's to be yours, and it would also be generous to donate lol, but there is definately nothing wrong in taking the cash, you are assuming responsibility on their phone as well as taking the time an effort to do it

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 05-21-2008, 05:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

zaya is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
I would tell them you can do it. Like another poster said: They pay you you $20. $10 to you and $10 to the ROM author.
agreed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan