PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 04:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Live Search...

Well it does beep at you when you need to turn
Old 05-18-2008, 04:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

macsucks is a n00b

I use live search sometimes. But I like the new On Demand new version called pocket express. It seems to be way better than Live search. Check it out at www.pocketexpress.com

I have different type of web portals I use. I have Yahoo GO, Windows Live, On Demand Pocket Express. Using all these three has made it very useful to use.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

macsucks is a n00b

You want to checkout my Mogul Smartphone in action? goto:

http://youtube.com/results?search_qu...01&search_type=

This makes the Iphone users wishing that Iphone can do that
Old 05-18-2008, 05:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsucks View Post
I use live search sometimes. But I like the new On Demand new version called pocket express. It seems to be way better than Live search. Check it out at www.pocketexpress.com

I have different type of web portals I use. I have Yahoo GO, Windows Live, On Demand Pocket Express. Using all these three has made it very useful to use.
But can you open up it, click the speak icon and say pretty much anything you want to find???? Then use it to get directions from its current GPS location??

Old 05-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz
Threadstarter

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work

Also, Pocket Express is not free. At about $80 a year it's no wonder they were able to give away that Porsche Cayman S a couple months ago.
I choose not to pay for someone else's prize, (nor the payoff to PC Magazine's Editor) - so I'll just stick to Microsoft Live for now thankyou very much.

I know that the travel info sounds cool and all, but my company has this (RESX Mobile) for free.

I like the "Collections" list in Live Search because it has a quick launch of "Wikipedia Nearby Entries". So where-ever you are, it's just a click away from telling you all about the vicinity. I can see where other things with this will eventually become more updated and available in the near future.
I also like the "Web" functionality because it saves a couple steps of launching a browser and retyping something that wasn't found in LiveSearch, as well as finding additional info on something regardless of it being found in LiveSearch.
Not a big deal really, just observations.
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I use it alot and now with the addition of the speak functionality it makes it easier to use while driving etc.. The voice recogintion is also quite efficient as I said random places like Comerica Park and it found it quickly. Pretty cool app

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan