PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 02:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

fcastro is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Monaco Aluminum Case Owners Can the Plastic Sreen be Removed?

For 50 bucks it better come with the ability to self clean itself. The seido cases are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE...aside from that its a plastic case. The Monaco case is aluminum and has a soft interior lining and can be gotten for 25 bucks. I mean lets do the math metal for 25 bucks or plastic for 50 hmmm..well its a no brainer for me...
Old 05-14-2008, 03:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

thefdog is a n00b

I'm not sure which case I purchase, but I got an aluminum one on eBay, and it works really well. It sounds the same as the one you are talking about. Just make sure you get a case that opens to the left, so it will not interfere with the keyboard when the case is open.

Do you all think that the thin plastic case will help in the case of a fall? I'm not sure, so I opted for an all metal case. I also left the plastic in place. I'm getting good at navigating this thing with only hardware buttons, so I open the case as little as possible.

Just my 2 cents - cheers
Old 05-14-2008, 05:03 PM
MWSlim

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I bought the black one. You can see what the burgandy looks like if you select it from the drop down box below the picture.

I have dropped my phone NUMEROUS times without any damage what so ever, to the phone or the case.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWSlim View Post
I bought the black one. You can see what the burgandy looks like if you select it from the drop down box below the picture.

I have dropped my phone NUMEROUS times without any damage what so ever, to the phone or the case.
Wow... I didn't notice that! Thanks
Old 05-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcastro View Post
For 50 bucks it better come with the ability to self clean itself. The seido cases are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE...aside from that its a plastic case. The Monaco case is aluminum and has a soft interior lining and can be gotten for 25 bucks. I mean lets do the math metal for 25 bucks or plastic for 50 hmmm..well its a no brainer for me...
Agreed, I got the Seido clone off ebay with a screen protector for about $7.99. I think it works pretty well.

You can also get the metal case off ebay for slightly more- just pay very close attention to which side you want the hinge to open on.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan