PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rfs830 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Mogul User

Well I just ordered a Mogul last night. I have been reading up on this phone for a while. I should get mine in a few days. Going away from my blackberry as I will still be able to keep my push mail and still have my work email also. Im all set to set up the Iphone theme on the phone.

I have a lot of reading up to do. This will be my first PPC phone but I think its going to be great.

Any tips you all have or any suggested threads I should read up on first?

Great Site btw and Thank you everyone

May have to go to the kitchen now.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rfs830 is a n00b
Re: New Mogul User

no love for the new guy?

thats ok. I have been busy reading up on this phone.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

welcome my buddy, start in those mogul forums, and always search b4 u post!!

As far as iphone themes, there are a few out there. Torx has the best looking most functional one, but it requires the most memory, which is often times a problem on the mogul.

Look for iFonz or Grumps iphone edition.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 05-01-2008, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

sb21878 is a n00b

Welcome aboard!

Like Success said, there are plenty of iphone themes available. I've tried just about all of them but ended up reverting back to the blue Cube with Ultimate Launch. I am however holding out for MM's icube2...
Old 05-01-2008, 03:24 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

To keep your Push email, you have several options:

1. Hook you phone up to your companies Microsoft Exchange Server thru Active Sync. (Free0
2. Install Emoze (Free program) that will automatically push your companies email. *Note- Emoze has caused problems whit the Mogul be constantly keeping hold of the Data Signal. It may cause you to not be able to answer your phone. Other peoples have not had problems with it at all.
3. Get Qore Functions Push Effect ($10-20). It will push email from your company email and POP & Imap accounts.
4. Set your email accounts up to check your email every 5,10, 15 min. (will eat up your battery though)

With any of these options, invest in a good battery. I have both of these:
http://www.wirester.com/sprint-mogul...oor-cover.html

http://www.wirester.com/sprint-mogul...oor-cover.html

I prefer the 2400 because it really didn't add allot of weight or distort the shape like the 2100 battery.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: sprint

salreus is a n00b

I use the active sync with my companies exchange server. if you have a web site you can access your email through, then you shouldn't have a problem using active sync. the good thing about sync is that you can set it to snyc as often as you want. and also only manually if you want and you can also set up peek and off peek differently. One of the best things I like about this is my contacts. I have loaded about 10 different roms in about 3 weeks and getting all my contacts only takes syncing back to my exchange server because it syncs back and forth.

First thing I would read is the upgrade section and read about unlocking the boot loader. This was the biggest thing I was worried about. But after that, you can flash as often as you want until you find something that you like and then stick with it.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work

I would recommend personally against any iPhone theme.

The first thing you need to realize about your Mogul is that it is better than an iPhone. You wouldn't go buy a Corvette and make it look like a Geo would you? (Haha, no offense to anyone who drives geos, just making a point).

On a more serious note, those looks take a lot of memory and you have a limited amount to work with. I at times shy away from any today screen skin or plugin because of this fact. In reality, it is the only big drawback this phone has from being, in my mind, "perfect".

Definitely check out no2chem's roms though. His version 5060 is tons more stable and fast compared to the stock ROMs. If you are feeling extra special 5065 is his newest and I have been running it with no problems. Read the "Flashing for dummies" threads in the Titan Upgrading forums and those will help you a ton.

In the PocketPC Software, check out sMMS program. It is the complete and total solution for lack of the ability to send picture mail from the Mogul. Is a beta software but seems to be extremely stable and works great.

On a side note, both no2chem and SomeGuyMMS deserve any donations if you enjoy their work.

That should keep you busy for a while
Old 05-02-2008, 07:25 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rfs830 is a n00b

Thanks for the info and heads up about the iphone theme. I will need to unlock this phone to try out all the roms that people have made for this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan