PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2008, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jet
Carrier: Sprint

trav230 is keeping up the good worktrav230 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Problems with Sprint

On Monday March 10th I went into my local Sprint store to get a replacement for my Titan because of it's broken Wi-Fi switch. I was told that it would take no longer then 3-5 business days to get me a replacement ordered as they didn't have any replacements in stock. On Saturday the 15th I called and was told that nobody had ordered the phone and that they would call me. I got a call today the 20th that my phone was in the store and I could come get within 14 days. I went in and was told that instead of a Titan they had ordered me a Elf and I was told I could take it or wait until Monday the 24th at which time I could expect a replacement. I have had 5 previous Titan replaced at this store and have the replacement policy. I was wondering if there's any kind of policy involving people who return a lot of phones and if any one else has had to wait up to 13 business days to receive a replacement phone.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

woods23 is a n00b
Re: Problems with Sprint

My question with 5 phones replaced I would consider and upgrade.......or are you that rough on them???
Old 03-19-2008, 11:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm not that rough on them. 1 had a virus preinstalled, 1 had a problem with it's radio not working, 1 I accidentally broke while snowboarding, my previous one I destroyed by throwing into a wall after my girlfriend broke up with me and my current one's switch broke off of it's connector.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:15 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Yeah man, there is a Sprint policy concerning many returns: after 5 you need to consider changing your self.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:26 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by trav230 View Post
I'm not that rough on them. 1 had a virus preinstalled, 1 had a problem with it's radio not working, 1 I accidentally broke while snowboarding, my previous one I destroyed by throwing into a wall after my girlfriend broke up with me and my current one's switch broke off of it's connector.
LOL, no. You are roughER.

BTW how in the hell did you get a pre-installed virus!? WM hasn't had one virus in its lifetime. theres a trojan out but unless you read Chinese and download similar, its a snowballs chance in hell...
Old 03-20-2008, 12:29 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well if they are backordred on the site for upgrade and new act. then im sure they would be backordered as a replacement also
Old 03-20-2008, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Okay that might explain it but I would have appreciated an explanation. And they said the virus had something to do with the OnDemand program and that it was a possible refurb.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:39 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The problem is the phone is on backorder, not because of your track record LOL . See here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21747

Lots of issues right now finding Mogul's
Old 03-20-2008, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
The problem is the phone is on backorder, not because of your track record LOL . See here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21747

Lots of issues right now finding Mogul's
Okay thanks for the info. I'm thinking of calling the store and asking for the Touch until my Titan is in. I can't imagine if my phone was truly broken and not just a minor thing.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

woods23 is a n00b

trav - you need to be thankful that Sprint is working with you at all......I wasn't aware that destroyed during snowboarding or broken thrown at girlfriend was coverd. although I may need to save that one for future issues.

Seriosuly I bet everytime you storm in and made it seem like a Sprint problem and they don't know how to tell it's your fault. Feel lucky I know of others who didn't this SPECIAL TREATMENT

So let's change the thread name to Problems with TRAV230

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan