PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

ghettokamel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Mogul Tether

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainX2001 View Post
Incorrect. At this time, PAM does not work with the Simply Everything plan. If they added it onto your account, they did so incorrectly. It has been determined that PAM and the Simply Everything plan do not work together correctly at this time.

The fully functional PAM feature will be added to all Simply Everything plans on June 15th.

If PAM is working for you now, don't get attached. You'll likely start to run into problems rather quickly.
I have a question for you regarding tethering. Lets say I use the internet sharing that is already with the phone, and i have a Sero plan with unlimited data, will i get charged for using it as a modem or am i in the clear?
Old 05-07-2008, 01:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettokamel View Post
I have a question for you regarding tethering. Lets say I use the internet sharing that is already with the phone, and i have a Sero plan with unlimited data, will i get charged for using it as a modem or am i in the clear?
In theory, you could be charged... in practice, I haven't heard of anyone yet.

I haven't heard of anyone on SERO being charged for tethering... but I've heard "rumors" that if you use too much data Sprint will notice and do something..

But I've submitted a couple of posts before asking for any concrete examples but so far... no replies. So it could be one of those Sprint/SERO urban legends.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MrBogard is a n00b

It's hard to imagine what constitutes too much data use when there are streaming video plugins and bit torrent clients for windows mobile already. I could just as easily use "too much data" without tethering my phone at all.

I tried playing some Call of Duty 4 over my mogul just to test the potential latency issues I'd encounter. It was surprisingly stable on some servers, and a mess on others. Personally I hope that thethering is never a big issue, because it's hella convenient and honestly it's no worse than heavy data use locally.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800

CaptainX2001 is a n00b

Quote:
The unlimited data covers browsing on the phone only. Phone As Modem costs an extra $39.99 per month. You won't be charged for usage because you won't be able to connect.

CaptainX2001
Sprint Advanced Technical Support

Please note that all opinions expressed in my posts are mine alone; they DO NOT represent the opinions of Sprint Nextel. I am NOT authorized as an official spokesman for Sprint. Any information, answers, or advice I give is based on my knowledge and personal experience. Anything I post on these forums relating to Sprint Nextel is subject to change at any time.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

robgtheengineer is a n00b

I just got off chat with a rep and she told me with the Mogul, vision will cover any PAM usage.
Quote:
2:20:24 PM

Molly
You have the Mogul.
2:20:27 PM

robert grant
yes
2:20:43 PM

Molly
You may go to internet shared, place your phone on Phone as modem and you are covered under your vision pack.
2:21:16 PM

robert grant
no additional charges for using PAM?
2:21:58 PM

Molly
That is correct. You will be using your data pack and will be covered on that plan.
2:22:27 PM

robert grant
the other rep that transfered me to you told me their will be an additional charge
2:23:08 PM

Molly
Robert, I have the Mogul and when you have an unlimited data pack, you are covered under the data pack for using the Mogul as phone as modem.
2:23:34 PM

robert grant
wow that is great news
2:23:53 PM

Molly
It is a great feature that the Mogul provides.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL
Carrier: sprint

yama247 is a n00b

so let me get this clear as mud, im on the simply everything plan. I need this to be sure becuz I don't have internet conn at home so the mogul as a modem would be my only connection. I see you say the sero doesn't get charged (whatever sero is?) becuz its unlimited data, then I wouldn't get charged too right? seeing mines unlimited everything
Old 08-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL
Carrier: sprint

yama247 is a n00b

also I saw on youtube that you select "sprint pcs" instead of PAM. I tried it and it works great on my mogul. I haven't tried the PAM yet. my concern is I haven't tweaked the registry yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan