PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ultimate Launcher

Please forgive this most newbie of questions. I'm enjoying Ultimate Launcher, but I have little experience with such things and am finding I need icons to really make it look presentable. Is there a good source for free, appropriately sized icons? Do you all just make your own? Are ico files just small bitmaps?

Thanks for any help and advice (which I hope won't be "search is you friend, Newb!" ).
Old 02-28-2008, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thug4life is a n00b

how do i getto settings for it?
Old 02-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sapient View Post
Please forgive this most newbie of questions. I'm enjoying Ultimate Launcher, but I have little experience with such things and am finding I need icons to really make it look presentable. Is there a good source for free, appropriately sized icons? Do you all just make your own? Are ico files just small bitmaps?

Thanks for any help and advice (which I hope won't be "search is you friend, Newb!" ).
There are many places you can find icons. Google as always is your friend. But if you want some really cool ones poke around www.deviantart.com.

an .ico is not a simple image file. It is actually a set of images that are fomatted for multiple sizes and color setups. A single ico could have 12 different icons in it such as 48X48 RGB, 32X32 RGB, 48X48 256, 32X32 256, etc... There are many very good icon editing programs I use Icon Workshop which is amazing. http://www.axialis.com/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Almost a VIP

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thug4life View Post
how do i getto settings for it?
There should be a Config icon on your UL default tab. Or you can click and hold on any tab and select settings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work

Fantastic. Thanks eehrhard.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:05 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
There are a couple good places to get icons. Of course you can always google but if you want some really cool icons look around www.deviantart.com. You can also get an icon editing program (i use IconWorkshop) and you can pretty much turn any image into an icon.

www.crystalXP.com is good too.
Do you have a link directly to the icons on Deviantart.com. I cant fins them on that site. And the links to crystalXP bought up a domian name site.

Edit: nevemind. I found them

Old 02-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Almost a VIP

www.crystalXP.net

Do a search on deviant art. GANT ICONs are pretty cool looking.

You can try here at deviant art too

http://browse.deviantart.com/customi.../icons/os/win/

You need to use XP icons or you have to convert them.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff
Lightbulb Re: Ultimate Launcher - Tasks Today Plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchad View Post
Gotcha.

Okay, now I have the tasks (and the icon) displayed, but the text is missing. It doesn't have the usual "4 active tasks" or however many i have going on.

I'm using a classic black theme, do I have black on black text somwhere or what?

This was driving me crazy as well. The above referenced tasks.lnk simply uses the link in the windows/start menu folder, just like launching Tasks from Programs. And of course it won't display the same as the today plugin. After fiddling with the registry for a while the best I could do was get the Tasks option to show up in Ultimate Launch as selectable but it wouldn't work when displayed.

I finally gave up and am now trying this:

http://www.tasksplus.szm.com/index2.htm

Quote:
  • Fully configurable. Allows you to set which tasks to show and how to show them, including the possibility to control the number or order of tasks. Different view formats allow you to show tasks in form you like, with text and caption size you like. Tasks are filtered by categories, importance and sensitivity, with the ability to group them by dates. Groups are expandable to list the grouped tasks. Quick configuration change is possible using the user-defined profiles.
  • Windows Mobile 5.0 and 6.0 compatible. Supports new PIM notification system.
  • Windows Mobile 2003 SE compatible. Fully supports hi-resolution screens with landscape rotation. Square screen devices are also supported.
  • Small footprint. Installation size takes about 60 kb for the main library, additional language packs have approximately 7 kb each, but they are not required for run.
  • On-screen menu. Standard operations as copy view, beam, send to bluetooth, delete task, or make task complete are accessible from Today Screen pop-up menu. Shell extensions are fully supported and included in the menu.
  • Language packs. Distribution currently contains English (included in main library), Czech, Danish, German, Greek, French, Hebrew, Italian, Japan, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portugalese-Brasilian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish and Chinese Simplified language packs. These packs are not required by the plug-in to run, so you can delete them. Additional language packs are coming.
  • It's Free! And always will.
Seems to be working well so far and is fairly configurable so you can have either more, or less, than is shown in the screen shot.

Old 02-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Almost a VIP

I finally got the task today plugin to show up on my list in UL by changing the registry settings for the plugin but it is failing to load the dll. It would seem using something like the task plus above or maybe this task plugin from xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=270288 is the easiest solution.

Last edited by eehrhard; 02-28-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
I finally got the task today plugin to show up on my list in UL by changing the registry settings for the plugin but it is failing to load the dll.
That was the same issue I was having. I noticed that there are additional registry entries for the task plugin when it's active on the today screen. I believe one of them was designating which categories were to be displayed. Don't know if that has anything to do with the DLL issue. Kudos to you if you can get it working!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan