PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   nueMMS - beta test sprint workaround (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=19122)

no2chem 02-24-2008 08:02 AM

nueMMS [2/25 v1.1] - send MMS over e-mail

Version 1.1 Release - improved file dialog, landscape!

http://www.weienterprises.com/nue/nuemms4.pnghttp://www.weienterprises.com/nue/nuemms1.png
http://www.weienterprises.com/nue/nuemms0.pnghttp://www.weienterprises.com/nue/nuemms2.png

v1.1 adds a better file dialog and landscape support.

.NET CF 3.5 required. nueMMS will let you send MMS over e-mail, so you won't need an MMS gateway to send MMS. It supports several providers/carriers, and you can add more carriers in carriers.nuemms - its a simple xml file. It also supports sending your gps coordinates over mms (..kind of untested, but give it a shot).

As usual, standard data charges apply when using nueMMS.

nueMMS is donationware, and donations are appreciated for the hours i've poured into this... Thanks to everyone who's donated so far!

you can find nueMMS at http://www.weienterprises.com/nue

As this is an early release, there may be bugs. Also, the preset messages option is not yet implemented. Your comments/reports are appreciated. When reporting a problem try to be complete, and explain what problem you are experiencing and what you did for the problem to occur.

Slwitek 02-24-2008 09:41 AM

Re: nueMMS - beta test sprint workaround

Anyway to tell what .net I'm running?

Tried running .exe and I dont have 3.5. I would like to know if this works. Do Moguls have 3.5 standard? I dont now what the advantages are over the older version? Help me out?

no2chem 02-24-2008 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slwitek (Post 192030)
Anyway to tell what .net I'm running?

Tried running .exe and I dont have 3.5. I would like to know if this works. Do Moguls have 3.5 standard? I dont now what the advantages are over the older version? Help me out?

cgautil.exe . ... the app might run on 2.0, which comes standard with windows mobile6, but no guarantees...

Dooper 02-24-2008 10:10 AM

Post tuts on how to use it, I appreciate the hard work.

no2chem 02-24-2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dooper (Post 192037)
Post tuts on how to use it, I appreciate the hard work.

pretty self explanatory, run the program, type number, add picture, press send. It will use the first e-mail address you have configured in pocket outlook. (selecting it is something to be added in the future)

firebrain 02-24-2008 10:19 AM

The genius strikes again!

Now why not make it an option to send to all carriers (you can always make a filter to automatically delete for all those "undeliverable" messages)

Anyways thanks again

no2chem 02-24-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firebrain (Post 192040)
The genius strikes again!

Now why not make it an option to send to all carriers (you can always make a filter to automatically delete for all those "undeliverable" messages)

Anyways thanks again

hmm, that sounds like an ok idea on face, except:

lets say theres a 100k picture you want to send.

there are 10 carriers on the list
suddenly, thats 1mb of transfer....
But, i suppose it could be an option =p

question though: did it work for you?

wldthng842 02-24-2008 11:29 AM

This may be a stupid question but when I click on your link it asks for a username and password, what is it

trim81 02-24-2008 11:59 AM

can we get some screen shots?

kaos 02-24-2008 12:01 PM

ppcgeeks ezupload brandon...........

so does this send mms in a normal fashion? or is it email based?I do have picmail on my account....sadly though if i try i can only send to my self every one else has verizon or cingular i know..lol

no2chem 02-24-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wldthng842 (Post 192074)
This may be a stupid question but when I click on your link it asks for a username and password, what is it

Quote:

Originally Posted by trim81 (Post 192097)
can we get some screen shots?

ppcgeeks, ezupload

about screenshots, no not until its out of the _very_ beta stage.

wldthng842 02-24-2008 12:12 PM

thanks for the info

kaos 02-24-2008 12:21 PM

no3chem check you pm..sent you info on actual mms server i found....Maybe it can be implemented to not require any email at all...just like original hack.god that be sweet.

stroths 02-24-2008 12:45 PM

For all using this, make sure you press Send/Receive in Outlook or it will sit in your outbox until the next scheduled send/receive.

wldthng842 02-24-2008 01:12 PM

Any ideas how to get 3.5 onto the HTC Touch. I have been looking and everything I download is not a valid PPC application.

railslave 02-24-2008 01:29 PM

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en this is the link for .net cf 3.5. id imagine since its free i can post it here. you must have an active sync connection to your mogul for it to install.

wldthng842 02-24-2008 02:16 PM

call me an idiot. I found that link, downloaded it and moved it to the device then tried to install. wow, that was dumb

kaos 02-24-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by railslave (Post 192157)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en this is the link for .net cf 3.5. id imagine since its free i can post it here. you must have an active sync connection to your mogul for it to install.

hmmm strange.. but when i try to install it says a newer version is already installed on my device.to continue uninstall newer version to roll back....did no2chem include this in his roms?

wldthng842 02-24-2008 02:38 PM

everything seems to work fine except I don't use outlook to send so I can't actually send them.

Just a few things I noticed:
when you send it does not clear all the information
can only send one pic at a time
cannot send videos
touch keyboard covers up the message box.

Other than this, this seems rather impressive. To solve the which carrier option, you could list them all and have a I don't know idea. That way you
would only send to all carriers for the ones you truly don't know, and then you would see the errors come back and know which one for next time.

Very impressive work no2

aph 02-24-2008 04:37 PM

So there's hope for this after all.. I had almost given up.

Would using http://pktpix.com (#@pktpix.com) instead of #@messaging.sprintpcs.com be a quick and easy fix? I doubt most users would know the recipient's carrier

neilson 02-24-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aph (Post 192299)

Would using http://pktpix.com (#@pktpix.com) instead of #@messaging.sprintpcs.com be a quick and easy fix? I doubt most users would know the recipient's carrier

GENIUS! PURE GENIUS!

HELL YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Eat it Sprint!

no2chem 02-24-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aph (Post 192299)

thanks, i'll give pktpix a try when i get some time

riironman 02-24-2008 07:21 PM

that pktpix works great!!! no2chem this might be something you can build on unless the system goes down.

no2chem 02-24-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riironman (Post 192432)
that pktpix works great!!! no2chem this might be something you can build on unless the system goes down.

the thing is, pktpix isn't exactly true pm, im not sure how it would work on regular phones. comments?

Artanis 02-24-2008 07:30 PM

noob question how do i now what net cf i have.

Using no1chem 2.0 6.1

wldthng842 02-24-2008 08:26 PM

if that works, it could solve the whole problem.

no2chem 02-24-2008 08:35 PM

to everyone whos requesting a cab,

this release was more of a proof of concept than anything else....

that said, since theres significant interest, i guess i'll be developing this further.

wldthng842 02-24-2008 08:42 PM

If you can get it working I have no objections paying/donating for the finished product.

riironman 02-24-2008 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no2chem (Post 192437)
the thing is, pktpix isn't exactly true pm, im not sure how it would work on regular phones. comments?

I just sent the pix message by the pktpix to my wifes razor with no internet access and it works just fine.

wldthng842 02-24-2008 09:01 PM

i sent one to myself from my comp and it works fine too. no ads or nothing. I wonder who is footing the bill for this? look very promising.

no2chem 02-24-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wldthng842 (Post 192504)
If you can get it working I have no objections paying/donating for the finished product.

working on polishing it now - features to be implemented:
automatically force send
multiple attachments, maybe even video support?...
touch interface (dial the number in)
pick from contact list
multiple carrier support (pktpix as well)
nicer interface
configure e-mail provider

any other ideas?...

Quote:

Originally Posted by riironman (Post 192528)
I just sent the pix message by the pktpix to my wifes razor with no internet access and it works just fine.

hmm. guess ill make pktpix the default option then

riironman 02-24-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wldthng842 (Post 192530)
i sent one to myself from my comp and it works fine too. no ads or nothing. I wonder who is footing the bill for this? look very promising.

good point. but if nueMMS can use this addy it would be a easy fix for almost all the carriers.

neilson 02-24-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riironman (Post 192543)
good point. but if nueMMS can use this addy it would be a easy fix for almost all the carriers.

We see a problem, find a solution, create it, and distribute it to everyone.

It's the Windows Mobile mentality. Any issues we have relating to software can be cured. It's simply a matter of "How, and how long".

riironman 02-24-2008 09:27 PM

i wonder if this will help the cost for international charges. one of my friends texts his gf in canada all the time and he is getting whacked with crazy charges.

wldthng842 02-24-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilson (Post 192549)
We see a problem, find a solution, create it, and distribute it to everyone.

It's the Windows Mobile mentality. Any issues we have relating to software can be cured. It's simply a matter of "How, and how long".

It has more to do with no2 alloted time available than anything else. He is the god of the WM world from what I can tell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by no2chem (Post 192535)
working on polishing it now - features to be implemented:
automatically force send
multiple attachments, maybe even video support?...
touch interface (dial the number in)
pick from contact list
multiple carrier support (pktpix as well)
nicer interface
configure e-mail provider

any other ideas?...

hmm. guess ill make pktpix the default option then

By touch interface (dial the number in) are you going to make it so the touch keyboard does not cover up the message box. It is hard to type a message when you cannot see what you just typed. Also, what is the limit to txt on the mms? isn't it a 1000? If so this might be nice to implement. That is all.

Nice work no2

trim81 02-24-2008 09:47 PM

just tried pktpix.com....sending from my email account to my treo 755P (Palm OS) on Sprint.

It gives me a link, not true MMS -is this a limiting factor of Palm OS or Sprints picture mail?

itsall_cooool 02-24-2008 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trim81 (Post 192603)
just tried pktpix.com....sending from my email account to my treo 755P (Palm OS) on Sprint.

It gives me a link, not true MMS -is this a limiting factor of Palm OS or Sprints picture mail?

Sprint PPC users can only receive picture mail via the Sprint mail site, it has always been this way. The fix is for sending MMS easily

no2chem 02-24-2008 10:21 PM

so, progress...

added support for multiple carriers (defaults to pktpix)
automatic sync enabled.

... now to add a few tweaks to the gui....
(i haven't uploaded an updated version yet, as ill need to cab it due to datafiles).

wldthng842 02-24-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsall_cooool (Post 192614)
Sprint PPC users can only receive picture mail via the Sprint mail site, it has always been this way. The fix is for sending MMS easily

but at least the pic gets sent. Plus with this, if you know them to be on sprint then you can choose sprint and it will come through them

wldthng842 02-24-2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no2chem (Post 192649)
so, progress...

added support for multiple carriers (defaults to pktpix)
automatic sync enabled.

... now to add a few tweaks to the gui....
(i haven't uploaded an updated version yet, as ill need to cab it due to datafiles).

What about the being able to choose the email account for those of us without outlook