PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 01:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

skny is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Adding Calendar Appt. Enables Sound

Howdy all. Great site - and community. Just picked up an Alltel PPC6800 last week and have been playing with it non-stop. This place has been an excellent source to help me along. I will say that, the version I picked up seems to have a lot of the bugs worked out of it that I've read from so many of the earlier Sprint/Verizon users.

At any rate - I've come across a problem that I haven't seen mentioned. I've got the HTC 6 tab Home plugin (I think that's what its called) - and it has the option to change profiles: Normal Silent Vibrate Automatic. I understand how those work - great feature. So, if I'm in Vibrate mode, and, on my device, I go into the Calendar and then add an appointment - poof - the icon in the start bar changes from the vibrate indicator to a regular normal mode indicator. Looking at the profile section in the Home thing shows that it is still in Vibrate mode - but it actually isn't.

So - why does it change from Vibrate to Audible when I add an appointment? Can anyone else duplicate this? The "fix" for me is to reselect the vibrate profile immediately after, but, in my work environment, if I get a call or alert in the time it takes me to finish adding my appointment and reselecting vibrate mode, well - that's just not a good thing.

Sorry so wordy - just tried to explain myself as best I could.

PS: The same behavior occurs if I start out in the Silent profile as well; as soon as a new calendar appt is added, sound is turned back on automatically. Not cool!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan