PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800, Moto ic902
Carrier: Sprint

wzach is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Soft Reset

and fired right up. Holly S*&T this app loaded my telenav very fast, in my house in like 20 seconds fast. SICk........going to piss soe people off at work tomorrow.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
this has yet to work for me yet... but i'm going to try the patched version and the regedit and see how it goes.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: MetroPCS

asquad is a n00b
I have the program working on my phone, but i don't know if I actually notice a diference.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2

rjc02648 is a n00b
Re: I'm looking for HTC QuickGPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wILLk0r3 818 View Post
WOW, I did the reg. edit and used the patched .exe and it acquired signal FAST. I'm indoors wth 7 satellites in view and 6 in use. Niiiiiiice!
Can someone PLEASE give a step by step on how to 'replace' the reg with that one and then where to put the patched .exe file? Everyone says it works but no one explains how to do it!
Old 03-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I just downloaded the QuickGPS app and also the files form RapidShare and got everything to work on my Mogul within two minutes. In my office (a steel building) I am seeing 5 satellites and using 3 at the moment. Gmaps found the satellites and locked my position in within 5-6 seconds... wicked fast!

Now, how you too can do this:

1. Download both files to your computer, then extract them.
2. Create a new folder called HTC QuickGPS and put all three of the extracted files (HTC_QuickGPS.cab, QuickGPS.exe, QuickGPS.reg) in the new folder .
3. Sync your Mogul and copy the HTC QuickGPS folder to your storage card.
4. Open a file explorer on your Mogul, other than the stock one in WM6. I personally use Resco File Explorer 2007 because it allows you to overwrite files, has a registry and FTP plugin, etc. Whtever you use, it must allow you to overwrite files.
5. Navigate to your storage card and then to the HTC QuickGPS folder you just copied there from your PC.
6. Install QuickGPS by clicking on the HTC_QuickGPS.cab file.
7. Click on the QuickGPS.reg file and you will be prompted wether or not you want to import these registry settings. Click Yes.
8. Copy the QuickGPS.exe file to the \Windows directory in main memory.
9. Open PIE, Opera or another app on your Mogul that opens an Internet connection (I did not have to do this for it to work, I presume that is because I use Activesync for push from my Exchange server).
10. Open QuickGPS and click the Download button.
11. Tap the X to minimize QuickGPS (you may be able to close it completely, I have not tested that yet).
12. Open your GPS app and be amazed at how fast you get lock, no matter whether you are inside or outdoors.

I hope this helps all of you having problems getting this installed. If you have problems or questions, feel free to post or PM me.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800

ultraweels is a n00b

how may i bring up a internet connection and then run the update. i installed i already and says connection fails
Old 03-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818

You have to have an active data connection before you attempt to download the data.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

otacon72 is a n00b

Fire up the WiFi... works nice... good find..
Old 03-29-2008, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Osteo is becoming a great contributor

EDIT: RESOLVED. I checked the registry and it wasn't updated. I ran the reg edit again and it works great. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I just downloaded the QuickGPS app and also the files form RapidShare and got everything to work on my Mogul within two minutes. In my office (a steel building) I am seeing 5 satellites and using 3 at the moment. Gmaps found the satellites and locked my position in within 5-6 seconds... wicked fast!

Now, how you too can do this:

1. Download both files to your computer, then extract them.
2. Create a new folder called HTC QuickGPS and put all three of the extracted files (HTC_QuickGPS.cab, QuickGPS.exe, QuickGPS.reg) in the new folder .
3. Sync your Mogul and copy the HTC QuickGPS folder to your storage card.
4. Open a file explorer on your Mogul, other than the stock one in WM6. I personally use Resco File Explorer 2007 because it allows you to overwrite files, has a registry and FTP plugin, etc. Whtever you use, it must allow you to overwrite files.
5. Navigate to your storage card and then to the HTC QuickGPS folder you just copied there from your PC.
6. Install QuickGPS by clicking on the HTC_QuickGPS.cab file.
7. Click on the QuickGPS.reg file and you will be prompted wether or not you want to import these registry settings. Click Yes.
8. Copy the QuickGPS.exe file to the \Windows directory in main memory.
9. Open PIE, Opera or another app on your Mogul that opens an Internet connection (I did not have to do this for it to work, I presume that is because I use Activesync for push from my Exchange server).
10. Open QuickGPS and click the Download button.
11. Tap the X to minimize QuickGPS (you may be able to close it completely, I have not tested that yet).
12. Open your GPS app and be amazed at how fast you get lock, no matter whether you are inside or outdoors.

I hope this helps all of you having problems getting this installed. If you have problems or questions, feel free to post or PM me.
Hey Rainfreak, I followed you instructions, got the reg edit done, moved the QuickGPS file to the Windoz directory, and when I run the prog from the Windows DIR, it connects, apparently d/l a file as the status bar moves, but when finished it pulls up a box that says Connection failed. Please try again later. I did reset after the reg edits (I'm an old dos guy, habit I guess) to make sure they took. Any ideas?

Last edited by Osteo; 03-29-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:08 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

for whatever reason i cant get the reg edit to work. when i click on it it says no application associated... any help??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan