PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2008, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser_osu View Post
I ran it and it was able to retrieve the information..
You might have had no Internet connection active (QuickGPS doesn't dial out for you if no internet connection exists), at the time it was trying to retrieve an update.

NEW THREAD HERE: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17032

I had to start a new thread, since after some updates the forum wouldn't let me post all the data I had into one post. I've reserved some space in the new thread to hopefully prevent such problems in the future.

Last edited by TalynOne; 01-27-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPCT7380 Touch Pro2 and 4 PPC-6850 TP

rsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuff
I have found a simple workaround for keeping the GPS on while the phone is on (not in standby mode as far as I can tell) I loaded VisualGPSce using the cab file and I copied the VisualGPSce shortcut from the Windows\start menu\programs folder to the Windows\Startup folder and now the small program is always running keeping the gps on and with a current fix. of course after you install the program you will have to run it at least once and configure the serial port setting for the program to see the GPS com4 4800 baud by clicking the connect button then the checked serial port (com port). Then minimize the program by clicking ok under the soft key, not X
Old 01-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Lurker

gottspd is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbrown69 View Post
I have found a simple workaround for keeping the GPS on while the phone is on (not in standby mode as far as I can tell) I loaded VisualGPSce using the cab file and I copied the VisualGPSce shortcut from the Windows\start menu\programs folder to the Windows\Startup folder and now the small program is always running keeping the gps on and with a current fix. of course after you install the program you will have to run it at least once and configure the serial port setting for the program to see the GPS com4 4800 baud by clicking the connect button then the checked serial port (com port). Then minimize the program by clicking ok under the soft key, not X
That's a clever idea, however, won't that kill the battery life?
Old 01-27-2008, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPCT7380 Touch Pro2 and 4 PPC-6850 TP

rsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuff
Only if you keep your phone on (screen on, not in standby) for longer than usual, I have not noticed any lower battery life yet. I have only been running it this way today so no long term results yet.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul 6800, HTC Diamond

laynpipeallday is a n00b
any of you smart guys live in minnesota? i would pay someone to install this in my mogul, seriously

laynpipeallday@msn.com
Old 01-27-2008, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

vaxick is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vaxick Send a message via Yahoo to vaxick
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalynOne View Post
Hmm, the Holux one is pretty instant for me so there was no reason for me to try something else, what's the CPU usage of Visual GPS when running in the background?
I don't have anything on my phone right now to check CPU usage.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
Is there a way for me or a Mod to close this thread? People should be posting in the new thread referred to in the first post, not this thread.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan