PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6800

nycop80 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
customizing "Text Messaging Notification Sound"

How do you use a customized ringtone for
"Text Messaging Notification Sound" and the other sounds on the found? i went to sounds and notifications i see that you can change sounds in there but i only see alarm1,2,3 and other stuff like that. Is there a place you have to put sounds on the phone in order to choose them for notification sounds ? I have no problem using custom mp3's as ringtones. I appreciate any help.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted
Carrier: Sprint

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycop80 View Post
How do you use a customized ringtone for
"Text Messaging Notification Sound" and the other sounds on the found? i went to sounds and notifications i see that you can change sounds in there but i only see alarm1,2,3 and other stuff like that. Is there a place you have to put sounds on the phone in order to choose them for notification sounds ? I have no problem using custom mp3's as ringtones. I appreciate any help.

Notification sounds need to be in the *.wav format and placed in the \windows directory

You will want to keep them short because they play all the way through for every message, which can be extremely annoying during an ongoing conversation
Old 01-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6800
Threadstarter

nycop80 is a n00b
thank you i will try that now, does anyone have any custom wav notification sounds?
Old 01-13-2008, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started
You can pick any short .wav file. Google sounds from your favorite movie or TV show.

I have Captain Jack Sparrow's quote: "Why is the rum gone?" for my text messages.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:56 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
i have heard if u put an mp3 in the application data/sounds folder it will work also...never tried it though.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry 8330

White6900 is a n00b
Re: customizing "Text Messaging Notification Sound"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
i have heard if u put an mp3 in the application data/sounds folder it will work also...never tried it though.
I use this myself and my files are all .wma just copy and paste from your source (storage card or my music etc). I have Verizon Touch btw
Old 07-12-2008, 07:59 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Wm6.x allows you to use .wav or mp3 for notifications. The .wav was a wm5 and prior limitation. There are a few others, but most all my sounds on my device are mp3 (more of a selection). Check out my sound theme tuturial in my sig for a little more info.

edit: I still place sounds in \windows\ and \my documents, but wm6 will also look in \windows\rings, \my documents\ringtones. I usually only copy my ringers to \my documents, it's easier when building a rom, and if you have the same ringer in more than one directory above, it get's listed twice in the select sound app...

Last edited by rstoyguy; 07-12-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Most of my sounds are in the "My Documents" folder and seem to work well from there. A good source (and free) for ringtones, notifications, etc is phonezoo (www.phonezoo.com).

Old 07-12-2008, 08:10 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

www.funformobile is a good site from the handset, kinda cluttered if you visit from a desktop...
Old 07-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

for any fans of 24, I use the infamous CTU ringtone for texts as its perfect for that single ring instead of having it loop
Attached Files
File Type: zip 24.zip (79.8 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan